• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Eliminate Cigar Breath

Rconectn

King of Scotland
I for one don't mind cigar breath, but for those of you who don't like it or whose significant other complains of it I stumbled upon a way that eliminates most traces of "cigar breath".

Now this doesn't have to do with home remedies like eating pb or sucking on a pack of mints.

Until a couple of months ago I stopped using a manual toothbrush and purchased a Philips Sonicare FlexCare toothbrush, by the way I love it! I'm very anal when it comes to taking care of my teeth. Anyway, long story short.

After I smoke a cigar basically what I do is floss, I brush my teeth with the Sonicare toothbrush and for toothpaste I use Colgate Total. The Sonicare has a built in setting that has you brush for a total of two minutes. These two minutes are broken into four 30 sec intervals, 30 sec for the top front of your teeth, 30 sec for the back part of your teeth.... you get the picture.

After I'm done brushing, I go ahead and brush my tongue. After that, I use Listerine Total Care. With this particular mouth wash you have to swish the rinse between your teeth for 1 min, and you are not allowed to eat or drink for 30 min after rinsing.

After all those steps, I kid you not, I would say over 90% of the "cigar breath" is gone. I've been doing this for the last couple of weeks with different cigar brands and my method manages to eliminate almost all traces of cigar breath. I usually do all this right after I am done smoking. Hope this helps.

wow, does this whole thing not burn your mouth pretty bad after smoking, especially the Listerine

wow, does this whole thing not burn your mouth pretty bad after smoking, especially the Listerine

No it doesn't. Mind you, this the usual manner in which I brush my teeth even when I'm not smoking.

I've been using a Sonicare for years, and doing this method makes my cigar breath disappear only as long as the mouth wash lingers. An hour later... cigar breath.

The best way to get rid of cigar breath is not to have one. ;)

The main thing you're missing here, which is what most people miss, is brushing the tongue. You'll notice if you look in the mirror at the color of your tongue before and after a thorough brushing. I personally use a tongue scrapper and a brush my tongue. This will cure your cigar breath.

I switched from regular toothpaste to Arm and Hammer whitening toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide. It works amazingly. No trace of cigar mouth whatsoever.
thumbs-up.gif

Follow this brushing routine, use the tongue scraper, but use Therabreath for the mouthwash. Works 100% for me.