• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Epic Student Fail

Mark Twain

Call me Ishmael.
Teaching 84 college freshmen each semester at a university that is more known for its party atmosphere than its educational programs has presented quite a few challenges:

1). Asking the 18 year old female students to please not come to class in a bikini top.
2). Requiring the male students to empty the rum out of their coke bottles before attending workshop.
3). Making sure that the amount of sexting that takes place in class is kept at a minimum.

However, I was more shocked today by an email from a student than by any of these other things. The student sent me a boarding pass for a flight to Iowa for his Grandmother's funeral. He had already passed the allowed number of absences in the class, and knew he would fail unless he had some really valid reason. So after looking at his ticket I became suspicious and started looking into it until I found this site where he made it.

So I used the same site and made a ticket of my own for him:

Love to see the look on his face when he read that one! :thumbs:

Guess he didn't see the web address in the lower left hand corner.

He deserves the F...as he obviously isn't very observant. :laugh:

ETA: He should have used an airline with a red logo (as all logos on that site are generated in red) instead of an airline that has a blue one....lol

Teaching 84 college freshmen each semester at a university that is more known for its party atmosphere than its educational programs has presented quite a few challenges:

1). Asking the 18 year old female students to please not come to class in a bikini top.

Were they ugly??? bikini tops sound more like a benefit to me!

Good work on maintaining the instructors' side of the college deception game!

Um, did you intentionally misspell 'failure', Professor? ???

There was a guy in one of my econ classes in college that tried a similar stunt but with a "Death Certificate" copy. I'm not sure where he got it (stuff like that wasn't really online in 1994), but "grandma" died at the age of 17. He forgot to change the date of birth. :sign:

Too funny Marc! :laugh:

I had a fellow that worked for me who's Grandmother on his Dad's side died twice. May sound insensitive, but I started having to require copies of Obituaries in order to qualify for paid leave.

Too funny Marc! :laugh:

I had a fellow that worked for me who's Grandmother on his Dad's side died twice. May sound insensitive, but I started having to require copies of Obituaries in order to qualify for paid leave.

She must have gotten better the first time.

There was a guy in one of my econ classes in college that tried a similar stunt but with a "Death Certificate" copy. I'm not sure where he got it (stuff like that wasn't really online in 1994), but "grandma" died at the age of 17. He forgot to change the date of birth. :sign:

Yes :D

And not a professor. . . only an adjunct lecturer. A mere serf compared to even an assistant professor.

Yes :D

And not a professor. . . only an adjunct lecturer. A mere serf compared to even an assistant professor.
Just giving you the business. I don't envy dealing with college freshmen on a daily basis, although the bikini tops wouldn't be all that difficult. I'm almost old enough to be a dirty old bastage for even entertaining the thought.

The scenery is the thing I miss most about living in a college town.

This is great! Thanks for the website :laugh: :thumbs: