• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ERDM Lunch Club

headstrong

Don't remember exactly how I was introduced to these, but I picked up a box of these earlier in the year and have been smoking through them since. Don't remember the exact code, but I believe they are from '04 (maybe early '05). Usually, I've picked these out for my daily afternoon smoke, but today I decided to enjoy one with my morning coffee on the way to work. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. I've gotten through about half a box, but this has got to be the best of the box thus far.

Upon initial light, there was generous amounts of cocoa with a bit of muted white pepper flavors. It started to pick up some bitter expresso bean flavors, but once I hit the 1/2" mark it settled in very nicely.
Halfway through, much of the cocoa and expresso flavors dimished while the white pepper became a bit stronger and the cigar began to take on a more woody/earthy flavor.
Towards the end, the cocoa and expresso returned. I also started picking up flavors of caramel at this point as well. Smoked it all the way to the nub, without it ever getting harsh or too hot.

All in all, this is an EXCELLENT cigar, and I'm very surprised that I haven't noticed a whole lot of buzz on the boards regarding this cigar.

Thanks for the review!

How big are these cigars? I've been looking for PC-ish sized or smaller, quality smokes.

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :( :( :( you trying to make my life more difficult :)

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :( :( :( you trying to make my life more difficult :)
x2

Hey, hey, hey! Chris, shhhhhhhhh!

These are a very reasonably priced cigar and an excellent value. To me, I find them aromatic with delicious floral, almost perfumed overtones. Not as gross as that sounds, these are soothing, relaxing little sticks.

Oh, and they suck so I wouldn't be surprised of nobody else likes these either. :whistling:

Wilkey

You guys are right. The first rule of fight club.....aw hell, these are GREAT cigars!!! The shh, no tell policy is probably why many greats are on the recent discontinued list ;)

You guys are right. The first rule of fight club.....aw hell, these are GREAT cigars!!! The shh, no tell policy is probably why many greats are on the recent discontinued list ;)
Chris,

You bring up an interesting point. And I might agree with you about this applying to several other vitolas but not cigars of this size. Cigars of this type (small and thin or long and thin) are either regarded as "connoisseur's" vitolas or "budget smoker" vitolas. While the typical smoker may stock some for those times when a change of pace is needed I see the volume for these vitolas remaining flat.

You just don't see a lot of these being handed out at herfs, weddings, contract signings, etc. That's to say, I can't imagine what it would take to grow this segment of the market. I guess my remarks were sort of tongue in cheek but I do understand what you're saying.

If they discontinued these, I'd be sad for sure. In fact, I'm sad to see a few coronas go to Habanos heaven.

Wilkey

Wilkey,
You are certainly correct. My comment was also made more in jest than anything as well. And from prior "Habanos Heaven" lists in the past, there doesn't appear to be a threat to these formats, which is a good sign.

Cat's out of the bag! Thanks for spilling the beans. ;) I can't wait to drive the prices up personally! :p :laugh: