• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Error uploading image.

grateful1

Oh My!
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2560 bytes) in /home/cp/public_html/forums/sources/components_public/gallery/lib/lib_image.php on line 430

I know my file is under 500kb, it probably should be less, but to get this error seems odd!

The code 'shouldn't' need THAT much memory. :laugh:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted
This form of error usually occurs when:
  • your script grabs just over the 8MB default memory limit of PHP
  • there's a bug in your script
  • the output is very large
To solve this problem you should try to:
  • optimize your script so that it will not eat up the maximum memory limit
  • find bugs (memory leaks) in your script
  • minimize the output of your script
  • increase the memory_limit setting in php.ini or directly in your php script by using the ini_set() function
  • upgrade to PHP 5 (some tried to install a PHP app that would not work even when limit is set to 300M)
The 8MB default limit is implemented in php to prevent any script from eating up the server's memory and crashing it. Therefore, to solve the problem it is adviseable to look into reducing the amount of resources it requires than increasing the limit value.

Stop posting pron and maybe the powers that be will allow it LOLOL!

What's Pron? ???

Brian

It's like...banana pron:

babanna_pron.jpg

Try again, it should be working.

I have a separate issue that is somewhat related. I couldn't find a topic that exactly matched my issue. Whenever I try to post a picture or create a gallery I get an error. I don't even get to an upload screen.

Are there restrictions on new users based on time on the board or number of posts? This is the only thing I can think of.

Please post the exact error.

[#1073] Sorry, there are no available categories to create your album.

I get this whether I go through my profile settings or through the main gallery link. If I click on make an album that is what I get.

[#1073] Sorry, there are no available categories to create your album.

I get this whether I go through my profile settings or through the main gallery link. If I click on make an album that is what I get.

I'm getting the same error.

I have a question,
You posted in a thread from July 2008. How did you come up on this thread? Just wondering

I have a separate issue that is somewhat related. I couldn't find a topic that exactly matched my issue. Whenever I try to post a picture or create a gallery I get an error. I don't even get to an upload screen.

Are there restrictions on new users based on time on the board or number of posts? This is the only thing I can think of.