• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Escape-the-cold contest!

Moki,

We visited this great waterfalls in Dominica along with a great little restaruant on the beach right next to the Club Med. that my wife and I had the pleasure of visiting on a trip that we took a couple of years ago.

Fantastic place to vacation ;) Enjoy brother!

BenjieV :D

benjiev said:
We visited this great waterfalls in Dominica along with a great little restaruant on the beach right next to the Club Med. that my wife and I had the pleasure of visiting on a trip that we took a couple of years ago.

Fantastic place to vacation ;) Enjoy brother!
Thanks Benjiev -- yeah I can't wait to go. It's been on my list of places to hit for a long time, because it isn't a typical destination. If you go to a resort, it can be just about anywhere: hotel, beach, cocktails, etc. I prefer something with a bit more spice and local flavor, be it the people or the landscape. I've heard consistently wonderful things about Dominica -- and that it offers great scuba diving is the kicker for me.

It's funny, we were going to go to the Ice Hotel but we had a particularly harsh winter here in Upstate NY, and my girlfriend said "Yeah it sounds really cool, but do we want to go somewhere that's even colder than it is here? I thought about it, and she was right -- so I looked for a trip to Dominica rather last-minute.

I didn't think I'd get a decent fare, because it is such an out of the way place, and it was rather last-minute. A reasonable fare came up, but when I looked at it quickly, I saw that it mentioned a 17 hour layover, and my initial reaction was "screw that"

Then I noticed the 17 hour layover was in Barbados... we'd arrive in the afternoon, spend the afternoon/evening in Barbados, then head to Dominica the next day. That, I could do. :D

Managed to get a flight from Rochester to Dominica for a very reasonable price, and I'm very psyched to be going!