• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Escudo- First thoughts

bilder

I have not tried a VaPer until today. Little did I know what I had been missing.

Opened the tin this morning and smelled something that I could not place. Friend said it smelled like stewed fruit or figs, which I found to be a pretty accurate description.

Managed to get away during work and smoked a half bowl in a cob. Lit right up and was hit by a rich, creamy smoke. First few minutes were sweet and creamy, then the perique started to come forward and added it's spice to the flavor. The rest of the smoke was a ballet of sweet and spicy. Just when I thought the perique was getting a touch on the strong side, the virginias came back to balance the taste.

Today I did something I do not usually do at work. I smoked to the bottom of the bowl. It was during a rain/snow/slush shower, but I did not care. All I wanted to do was enjoy this amazing dance of flavors as long as possible. What started as an interesting smoke turned into something totally amazing.

I cannot wait to try some more of this. Think I am hooked on VaPers!

ya I am a huge fan of escudo, great stuff. If you like this than you should try solani 633 its another great virginia perique.

good luck on your new tasting adventure,

Dios de fuego

I have not tried a VaPer until today. Little did I know what I had been missing.

Opened the tin this morning and smelled something that I could not place. Friend said it smelled like stewed fruit or figs, which I found to be a pretty accurate description.

Managed to get away during work and smoked a half bowl in a cob. Lit right up and was hit by a rich, creamy smoke. First few minutes were sweet and creamy, then the perique started to come forward and added it's spice to the flavor. The rest of the smoke was a ballet of sweet and spicy. Just when I thought the perique was getting a touch on the strong side, the virginias came back to balance the taste.

Today I did something I do not usually do at work. I smoked to the bottom of the bowl. It was during a rain/snow/slush shower, but I did not care. All I wanted to do was enjoy this amazing dance of flavors as long as possible. What started as an interesting smoke turned into something totally amazing.

Glad I could bring a little bit of joy to your world. Don't smoke through it all too quickly. :sign:

Nice review.. I just ordered some Escudo along with a tin of Penzance and Squadron Leader... Cant wait to get them..

What is the best way to load Escudo? Rubbed out or a disk or 2 folded in the bowl..??

I rub mine out. Some say it burns cooler to them if they just fold it into 1/4ths and stuff it in.

Id experiment with it both ways, and do what works best for you.

its cooler rubbed but more flavorful folded or slightly rubbed, I barely rub my, a little more than just a fold but not a rub.

Glad I could bring a little bit of joy to your world. Don't smoke through it all too quickly. :sign:
AH! A fellow victim of Jake's generosity, I see. So this is called Escudo? Who makes it?

Steve

AH! A fellow victim of Jake's generosity, I see. So this is called Escudo? Who makes it?

Steve

It's made by AC Peterson, I only know this because of Jakes generosity in the Pipe MAW thread :thumbs:

Smells terrific, can't wait to fire up the briar on this one!

Dennis~

just an fyi, the current blend from Alfred and Christian Peterson is great, however if anyone can get their hands on an older blenders version, wow unbelievable.

Had a couple more bowls yesterday. This stuff is the crack of the pipe world. I cannot get enough of this blend. Will have to go into rehab if this keeps up. :)

Steve

It's made by AC Peterson, I only know this because of Jakes generosity in the Pipe MAW thread :thumbs:

Smells terrific, can't wait to fire up the briar on this one!

Dennis~
Thanks for the tip. I'll have get a tin.

I'm relatively new to pipe smoking but I'm definitely able to tell different tobacco blends\tastes, this is why i like smoking so much.. I was expecting a "Nightcap experience" with Escudo especially after the reviews Ive read here and other forums. The first time I had Nightcap after just smoking aromatics, I was blown away with the different flavors etc.. Nothing really jumped out at me with Escudo.. It was a great smoke and burnt well but I expected to taste more of something (perique?) besides just Virginia.. Maybe I just don't know what perique is supposed to taste like.. All in all it was still an enjoyable smoke and I will have more later today..