• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ESG?

markmarksman

I'm looking for some first hand feedback on the ESG's. Does this stick measure up to the price they put on it's head?

Most people seem to agree that the stick is over-hyped and overpriced, but is quite good.

In the future, this would probably be best in the Cigar Lounge sub-forum.

Awesome stogie, and full of flavors IMO.

To me, it is totally worth the ~ $20

[quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='651957' date='Apr 15 2008, 12:28 AM']Most people seem to agree that the stick is over-hyped and overpriced, but is quite good.

In the future, this would probably be best in the Cigar Lounge sub-forum.[/quote]

I agree to disagree. :sign:

However, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

I did a full review on the ESG Robusto when they first came out. Yes they are expensive. But they are very rich and have a unique flavor. Try one and decide.

[quote name='BigJake6904' post='651959' date='Apr 15 2008, 12:30 AM'][quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='651957' date='Apr 15 2008, 12:28 AM']Most people seem to agree that the stick is over-hyped and overpriced, but is quite good.

In the future, this would probably be best in the Cigar Lounge sub-forum.[/quote]

I agree to disagree. :sign:

However, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
[/quote]

Yup. I was only relaying what I've noticed from reading many people's opinions of the stick. I've got a few in the humi, but I haven't gotten around to torching one yet, so I guess we'll see.

Very nice stick!.......................But, I will add that I think Fuente should do a better job of ageing them. That's not something that I the consumer should have to do.

Amazing the difference just ten months makes on these. Fresh is not that great for me.

I like them, but I'm in the camp that says you can find other sticks that are just as good for less money. I don't mind shelling out for a single every now and then, but I wouldn't buy a box.

Here's how the robusto did in a blind taste test here: ESG ROBUSTO

I thought it was one of the Top 5 cigars I've had. Great IMO.

I loved the one I tried. But, there are other sticks I like more that cost less.