• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Estate Sale Find

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
Friend of mine texted me last night asking if I had any cigars I would sell him, and if I'd help him set up a humidor he found at an estate sale. I was expecting a POS when he brought it to work today, and it's actually pretty cool. Anybody know anything about it?

IMG_20191113_210520.jpgIMG_20191113_210525.jpgIMG_20191113_210531.jpgIMG_20191113_210538.jpgIMG_20191113_210550.jpgIMG_20191113_210701.jpgIMG_20191113_210719.jpg

Nice looking box....that's the find us junkers dream of.

Great find. Is the tobacco and cigars, left over from the previous owner? I'd take everything out and let it air out. Keeping pipe tobacco and cigars together, isn't ideal.

Great find. Is the tobacco and cigars, left over from the previous owner? I'd take everything out and let it air out. Keeping pipe tobacco and cigars together, isn't ideal.
Yeah, there's nothing coming from either at this point they're so dry. Gonna empty it, test the hygro, season it, throw some beads in, and get him set up with some starter cigars.

Nice looking humidor. Problem with a wood humidor that has sat unhumidified for some time is wood shrinks, may not be sealed up anymore. I'd start with a saucer with distilled water in it, with a 1" square of new synthetic sponge in the middle. Let it sit in there for ~48 hours or so, see how the RH is doing. You may be surprised how much water you'll go through, getting that wood back into equilibrium with a humidified environment. After the initial re-hydrating, you can put the beads in and start getting things to settle down a bit. It will take a little time, but you may end up with a great looking humidor. Good luck.

Nice looking humidor. Problem with a wood humidor that has sat unhumidified for some time is wood shrinks, may not be sealed up anymore. I'd start with a saucer with distilled water in it, with a 1" square of new synthetic sponge in the middle. Let it sit in there for ~48 hours or so, see how the RH is doing. You may be surprised how much water you'll go through, getting that wood back into equilibrium with a humidified environment. After the initial re-hydrating, you can put the beads in and start getting things to settle down a bit. It will take a little time, but you may end up with a great looking humidor. Good luck.
Yep, not my first rodeo. Just helping a friend out.