• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Even a newbie can find the elusive OpusX!

xerais

Up until now I have only had one OpusX cigar. There is a B&M here in Dayton called the Wharf which occasionally has them in stock, but imposes a strict one per customer rule so everyone has a chance to try them. I decided to do some searching on my own, mainly calling out of state shops and inquiring if they were available to purchase, ship, etc.

I literally tried 20+ places, everyone either being out of stock or unwilling to sell ship them. I finally found a place with #5's for $9.95, which seems pretty close to MSRP! They had 19 available and allowed me to purchase all of them. They are even sending me the original box!

I think I'm going to start giving the place my business based on how helpful they have been based on this experience alone.

Xerais, old buddy old pal, try to make it to the herf that Ian Hummel is setting up for early November. Dayton does indeed have a long history of sucking...(I will send you a fiver if you can name the famous Dayton native who popularized that statement)...but there are fertile B&M all throughout our area. Most are in Cincinnati and some are in Northern Kentucky. That being said, if you know the places, you will find what you seek.

Get to the herf and I will share a bit of knowledge. Heck, sharing the info is the least I can do to ease the pain of your current studies! :rolleyes:

Xerais, old buddy old pal, try to make it to the herf that Ian Hummel is setting up for early November. Dayton does indeed have a long history of sucking...(I will send you a fiver if you can name the famous Dayton native who popularized that statement)...but there are fertile B&M all throughout our area. Most are in Cincinnati and some are in Northern Kentucky. That being said, if you know the places, you will find what you seek.

Get to the herf and I will share a bit of knowledge. Heck, sharing the info is the least I can do to ease the pain of your current studies! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the plug punk, I was about to post the HERF info and you beat me to it!

Thanks for the plug punk, I was about to post the HERF info and you beat me to it!

Funny stuff...I think we can make him happy with his shopping if he shows up...Good God, I must have purchased 25 Opus in the last two weeks!

My friends that live in your area always go to the Wharf to get cigars, as a matter of fact I'm heading down there Friday the 17th.

Nice find. It sounds like the place I go to. What was the name of that B&M again?

ROFL I see some newbie scores some Opus and you try to snake his source.. :whistling:

Nice find. It sounds like the place I go to. What was the name of that B&M again?

Hahah, nice try!! :sign:

C'mon ladies, nothing wrong with sharing Opus source info. Ain't like it's sharing Cuban info. For some reason, people hoard their Opus source like it's a Cuban source. I figure the more the merrier who can enjoy Fuente's overpriced goodies! ;)

PS- NO JOSH, I won't send you Opus...:p

I have about 5 shops within an hour of me and none of them have the Opus :(

I managed to snag 2 in a giveaway. Plan on smoking one as my first and will most likely horde the other since I can't seem to find them anywhere.

i know place that sells them for crazy prices in northern Indiana . They have right now box of fuente fuente (32)for 625 and xxx(42) for 650 available for sale.

Good find. The B&M that I go to always has them in stock but the prices are a tad high. The best part about them is that they are are only a 30 second drive from my house!!!!

I don't know how far you are from Englewood but, Smokers World has has a bunch of Opus X in stock.

I'm 10 minutes from Englewood. I have 2 other shops 5 minutes from my house that have opus. 1 shop has tem all year round the other once in a while. The all year round one is about 4 over msrp and the other one is only a dollar.

I have 2 other shops 5 minutes from my house that have opus. 1 shop has tem all year round the other once in a while. The all year round one is about 4 over msrp and the other one is only a dollar.

Dang . . . I have to drive all the way to Austin, nearly five hours from here, if I want to be SURE of finding Opus. Heroes & Legacies there has them in their own special free-standing humidor . . . about the size of a dresser, with a class top for the BBMFs and such, and locked individual drawers for everything else.

No, I don't make a special trip, lol. But I do have friends in Austin, and try to stop in at H&L every time I'm up to see them.

~Boar

I went on the hunt for Opus' once, not expecting to find anything, but low-and-behold a brand new B&M about three-minutes' drive from my house had them in stock just barely over MSRP. They have them in stock during all of the big cigar seasons (father's day, etc.) with a limit of 4 per customer. The B&M had a bunch of #5's left over that time and let me buy all of them, though.

Needless to say, when I go back home for Christmas, I'm going straight to that store.

I went on the hunt for Opus' once, not expecting to find anything, but low-and-behold a brand new B&M about three-minutes' drive from my house had them in stock just barely over MSRP. They have them in stock during all of the big cigar seasons (father's day, etc.) with a limit of 4 per customer. The B&M had a bunch of #5's left over that time and let me buy all of them, though.

Needless to say, when I go back home for Christmas, I'm going straight to that store.

NICE!! :thumbs:

See guys? It's not "scary" to share your source of Opus, it helps out the BOTLs who can't get their hands on any near them! Now who wants Opus from my local at $22 a stick?? :p