• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Even more offensive than CA

Smokin'Tone

I just might be your huckleberry
Oy!

Come Spring 2003, there will be no more smoking in ANY bar, restaurant, workplace, well hell, basically anywhere in NYC. Existing cigar bars, and some outside cafe's will be allowed.

Can you believe this crap? I know for a fact Bloomberg smokes, he's got a hefty tooth for robusto's, and even used to smoke in the Bloomberg offices before he became mayor. His attitude is, "You can smoke in your home, you can smoke outside, but you can't smoke in any resaurant in NYC'.

So I was thinkin, doesn't this tend to really push the rights of smokers? We're all adults for the most part that smoke in bars, etc.. Shouldn't it be up to the owner and not the government to make that call? I really don't understand how these types of laws can be pushed through without anyone fighting it.

Grrr

:sneaky:

Another one ram-rodded down the throats of the people! If I were to open a bar, I want to dictate what it will have and not have for customers, as far a smokers go. Friggin NON SMOKERS making the rules for all of us. Some folks don't have a private place to smoke a stick at home, and out is the only answer. A shame to take that option away from them.

I'm with ya Tony. I never thought this type of crap would make it's way to the Commonwealth, however, it has reared it's ugly head in Lexington, KY. There is a group of restaurant owners pushin' for the smokin' ban. :angry: What the hell is that all about? Lexington FREAKIN' Kentucky! The heart of tabacco country.

I say if ya don't wanna smell smoke, stay home or don't patronize the vendor. ??? If it is that bad, stay home. What ever happened to lettin' adults make up their own minds?

I have avoided places because they are TOO crowded. Should we push for LESS crowded places? REDICULOUS BULLSH@T!!!!!!

I say screw them. I wouldn't patronize their establishments if they were the last one's on earth. I hope they get a tremendous backlash from this! :angry:

OK, enough blowin' off steam. Good luck up there!

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

That's crazy, the backlash against smokers is so bad that the heart of tobacky land is banning their own cash crop?! WTF?

If anyone had the guts, I don't think this would be passable in a regular court of law. When government begins to decide for me what I can put into my body, I've got a major problem. It's bad enough they try to tell me how to think (ie, if you don't have a flag sticking out of your ass, your a terrorist... Drugs are bad, you support terrorism, etc)... But to tell me I can't put a plant in my body is going a little too far...

This really burns me up :p

This is scary. What happened to the idea of building a great nation. Built upon tolerance of religion, personal rights, and the less gov. the better. So far its on guns, smokes, helmet laws, and seat belts. (glad to see our tax dollars at work :angry: . Whats next?

I really don't understand how these types of laws can be pushed through without anyone fighting it.

Tony,

The problem is that you are in a shrinking minority. The majority does not care, in fact they like seeing it. Until something is banned that they enjoy.
Why don't ya just move out here to Texas. :D