• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Everyday Smoke

gawntrail

I talk with a few buddies about different smokes and stuff, and lately we've all come up with the same type of questions?

What do most people smoke daily?

And are your daily smokes bundled or boxed?

Comments, Opinions, Guidance, Suggestions, Sources (domestic only), Experience, etc..... would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the input/insight.

M. Gipson :)

I'm not an every day smoker but your post piqued my interest :D If I smoked every day I would probly make aged Cohiba Siglos and Robustos my daily smoke. I like variety so I couldn't pick just one. If I had to go domestic my choices by budget would be:

High -VSG, Opus X, Hemi Maddies
Medium -JR Ult Cabs, Onyx Reserve, Afriques
Low -Uncle Mikey's NSS Torps, La Floridita, Connies

I don't smoke daily, but if I did I'd go w/ either Romeo Y Julieta Exhicion #4 ISOM's (about $400 for 50) or Padron 1964 Maduros in a medium length.

My favorite cheap smoke (about a buck apiece on c-bid) is the Colorado by Don Lino belicoso. But then, I like mild and medium smokes more than full-bodied and strong ones.
Padron 2000 maduro is another favorite.

Uncle Mikey's NSS are a good deal for bundle's. Then the other bundles I smoke are Connie #30 Maduro's. But the #9's are tastey too. I think I am going to switch my cheap smokes over to the Torano 1916. Damn fine cigar for a little ching. Cant go wrong with 858's for an everyday smoke.

Emo

My everyday smokes are ERDM Cafe Noirs and Bolivar Fuerte Petits - both about a $1.50 each including shipping from JR's.

Cheers,
Dixie

I get Honduran bundles at my store for an everyday smoke. Supposed to be Punch and Hoyo seconds. They are pretty tasty in the maduro.

A few weeks ago I bought a couple of boxes from JR midnight madness, Menendez y Garcia coronas, that I'm smoking on a daily basis. I also buy cigars from a cuban gentleman who rolls his own cigars in a small shop by work, they're pretty good smokes but they are cuban made as apposed to made in cuba, as I would rather have it be..... :0

I smoke about 5-6 cigars a week. I go with 5 Vegas churchill, I usually get them for about $30-33 for a box of 25 from Cbid. I think its a nice everyday smoke.

If I could afford it, I'd smoke a La Perla Habana Black Pearl, or a Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight, but alas, I'm on a fixed income, and it's fixed pretty low right now. So I just get a 5 pack when I can get them at a good price, and then just smoke 1 or 2 a month.

dixieland_conjunction said:
My everyday smokes are ERDM Cafe Noirs and Bolivar Fuerte Petits - both about a $1.50 each including shipping from JR's.

Cheers,
Dixie
Didn't I turn you on to one or both of these? ???

I smoke at least one cigar a day, usually two.

My dailies as of late have been:

Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas's (thank to SD_Stack for making me realize that I don't ALWAYS have to smoke DC's :D )

Vegas Robaina Famosos (latest box wasn't as good as previous boxes)

But actually since I've been involved in so many trades and passes lately, I have quite a variety of Havanas at the moment. For instance, I smoked a San Cristobal La Punta on Sunday (thanks to a certain CPass bro :thumbs: ) and an H. Upmann Magnum today. Saturday's cigars were a Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro, a Saint Luis Rey Double Corona and oh I can't even remember what else (possibly a Vegas Robaina Farm Rolled, but I can't say for certain as I was playing cards with some friends and drinking quite a bit so the details are still a little fuzzy :p ).

I recently acquired a box of San Cristobal El Morros but I haven't opened them yet. THOSE may wind up being a daily smoke for about 25 days :D

Another favorite are my Oliva "O" Bold Ovations.

Sorry for the ridiculously long answer but the bottom line is my "daily" smokes change from month to month

SD_Stack said:
dixieland_conjunction said:

Cheers,
Dixie
Didn't I turn you on to one or both of these? ???
You definitely introduced me to Fonseca :love: (and LGC :p), but I got both of these in a mega box-split with statelandman and some other brothers about 6 moths ago (you might have been in the split too ???)

Cheers,
Dixie

Don't really have a daily smoke, just kinda dip into the humi's/coolers and see what strikes my fancy. (And if you've never had your fancy struck, don't knock it 'til you've tried it...)

But if I HAD to, I'd probably go with Connie 9's, or RyJ Reserva maddies, or even Cuesta-Rey's for a milder smoke. Punch Black Prince or Monte 2's (have a good supply of both of those) for 'special' days.

See what I mean? Hopleless dilletante! :sign:

I smoke these little hand rolled 1$ a piece sticks called "Kenny's Bad Boys". My cigar shop advertises them as "only place on planet earth " to buy them. They have a slight flavor to the, kinda vanilla-sweet. They look like Backwoods, but I thought Clint Eastwood when I saw them. Yeah I'm a cowboy movie guy. 20 for 17$. Filled my "daily jar" with them twice now. Addicted, I can smoke 2 or 3 a day.

Everywhere I smoke them people have commented on how good they smell.

got Kenny's ?

La Unica and La Luna Maddies Hmmm good either one always consistant

my .02

BenjieV :D

Lately my daily smoke has been the Savinelli Nicaragua Spec Resv or the Don Tomas Corojo. Though it changes from time to time. :p

I smoke 1 a day and it depends on what I raided from Cbid. Right now it is Maxims, and Silas as the main two with a Montague and a Puros tossed in sometimes. I splurge on the weekend. :)

My daily smoke is a Opus X "A".....

then I wake up and realize that I am only a casual smoker smoking maybe 1-2 a week in the warmer months less in the winter. My standby use to be hemmingway classics but I have expanded my horizons to include other favorites.

Not daily, 2-3 a week usually.

Now it's Punch PC del Punch or Ramon Allones Small Club Corona.

Before that it was AF Sungrown Cuban Beli or Chateau Fuente.

Way long before that (more than a year ago now) it was Cuba Aliados or Puros Indios. I could still smoke a CA once in a while. Can't smoke the PI's anymore.