• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

experimenting with my old humidor which i will most likely throw away.

cigar2347

I am experimenting with my old humidor which i will most likely throw away.

If there is anything you have wanted to do to a humidor let me know and ill do it on your behalf.
for example i just flooded the entire humidor with boiling water let it sit for a few and emptied it out. Now i just closed it and put in a digital meter to see what the reading will be.

Somthing interesting there is a lot of air in the wood, i was surprised as to how much bubble kept coming out from the inside panel of the lid.
another thing the sides of my humidor leaks as water started to come out from the edges and the bottom.

so again if there is anything you want me to do let me know.

for example for next experiment i will pour some cheap bourbon to see what happens to the smell and flavor of the humidor, and also to kill mold in case it starts to develop because of today's experiment.

g-d bless

10 minutes in and it has gone from 62% to 88%!!!!
and of course no device in there.

almost an hour in and it is at 90% humidity, the walls are dry, and it has the best seal ever!!!!

Ummmm........
2753667346_4b20d0f7b2.jpg

I mean it is your humidor

Are you drinking early in LA! Hey there's a guy in the other thread that needs a new humi. His stinks your is just over humidified...LOL May want to work a deal and send it to him!

"Two much time on my hands, and I don't know what to do with myself...."

I would say you could try to find a hobby.

:laugh: You should change your name to "The Nutty Professor".

**tweaking**!!!

Wish I had more time on my hands!

thank you all
actually it has worked so well I am applying some of the stuff i learned from the experiment.
for example for my new humidor which has a glass top, to get a better seal i have turned it upside down and closed with the moist towel in between. Now because the small amount of wood has warped(my intention) it has the best seal. In fact its a bit too good as i have to use two hand to open it. Also when i first season the new humidor I didn't do it right because i just left a shot glass of water for three to four days. But the trick is really to make a moist towel touch the wood so it can open up its pours and take in the water. I did use distilled water.

now we can all see if tap water is really that bad fora humidor, since my old humidor was tap water.

1. Your keyboard has two shift buttons. You might try using one of them.
2. Don't forget to lick the beads.

It is keeping a perfect 75% humidity since yesterday. Mu cigars were all dry at 62%.

1. Your keyboard has two shift buttons. You might try using one of them.
2. Don't forget to lick the beads.

Beads licking contest !

I'm sorry but why did yountrash your humidor again?