• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Extreme Generosity

Southpaw

I had my typical Monday :( yesterday at work came home and checked my mail. There was a package from an address I did not recognize. I eagerly opened the package to find inside a note from a member of this forum welcoming me to the fine world of cigars. I was absolutely stunned by the generous samples that were sent. I showed my wife in all my excitement only to find her very skeptical. She said “so you don’t know the person that sent you this” uhh no I have never met him. She then says “so you did not send them money” uhh no I did not. She then asks if it is some kind of pyramid scheme, I laughed and said “I don’t think so”. It is just one individual that was very generous to someone new to this hobby. I would like to out the generous person but it may not be customary to do so, but you know who you are and I am very grateful. Thanks

Publicly thanking the person who sent you a bomb is normal and acceptable...you just keep the contents to yourself!

its a great place, eh?

Nicely done who ever you are. :thumbs:

Your wife is correct it is a pyramid scheme. We get you hooked into cigars and when you are truly addicted you send out cigars to others that are getting the addiction. Welcome to CP.

Good play whoever you are....Makes this place look like gold!!!!

Very nice! Please do tell who the Generous brother is.

My wife said the exact same when I started here and got my first bomb.
"You bought MORE cigars?"
"well, yes...but not THESE. These were free"
"Uh-huh...sure"
"No...REALLY! I've lied to you about plenty of my cigar purchases...but these really were free...I mean, I could have lied to you, but uh, I never did....uh....."

PS- Nice job whoever you are!

My wife said the exact same when I started here and got my first bomb.
"You bought MORE cigars?"
"well, yes...but not THESE. These were free"
"Uh-huh...sure"
"No...REALLY! I've lied to you about plenty of my cigar purchases...but these really were free...I mean, I could have lied to you, but uh, I never did....uh....."

PS- Nice job whoever you are!
Yea, you should have seen me trying to explain to my wife where the 11 packages that hit me one day at the beginning of the war came from. "People you've never even met are sending you free cigars" ummmm yep Honey. This truly is a great place.

LOL, Southpaw, I think your wife and mine are twins.

Nice play whoever you are.

The more I hear about this forum and its citizens, the more I like this place! Amazing generosity.

Exact same thing from my wife.

Then a couple weeks later I get a message from siriusstoogie asking me to meet at some strange dive bar. My wife was giving me looks man, and I couldn't really argue. I'll never forget telling her, "Well, either this dude wants to hang out and smoke cigars, or he's going to try to give me a blowjob."

The wife and I will always have a good laugh over that. And don't worry Joe, I'll never tell.

It doesn't surprise me. I have said this before, this group of guys/girls are about as generous a group as you will ever find.

You guys all need to get your wive's under control! What a bunch of pansies! My wife KNOWS better than to hassle me about that kind of crap. You're supposed to be the man of the house!!!! Geez!!!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Just kidding! I got the same response at first! Now every once in a while, I tell her, "Look what someone sent me from the board! Isn't that amazing?!" and then I hope she doesn't notice the Holt's charge when our credit card bill comes in! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: