• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

F1: Chinese Grand Prix

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
Whoo-hoo! What, if you ask, will bet me out of the bars early at 12:30am on a sat. night? The last Formula 1 race of the year, The Chinese Grand Prix!

Gotta say, they were an awesome set of 56 laps.
http://www.f1racing.net/en/

In the end, Fernando Alonso grabbed 1st place for 7 wins for the season and the constructors' championship. I know Renault's [the car company] pumped for this. Kimi Raikkonen [easily the fastest man in F1] grabbed 2nd [he also ad 7 wins for the year]. And finally in 3rd was Ralf Schumacher.

The most bittersweet? The decision to move from a V10 down to a V8 for next season. Nothing says world-class racing like going down to a lesser engine so everyone can feel better for themselves.

I for one, will be waiting thru winter for the racing to begin again in the spring.
:thumbs:

I can happily list at least 10 even better reasons to be up at that time of night, but unfortunately none involve TV or racing. Oh wait does using the DVD player count as TV?

Cheekie said:
I can happily list at least 10 even better reasons to be up at that time of night, but unfortunately none involve TV or racing. Oh wait does using the DVD player count as TV?
[snapback]238399[/snapback]​

freaky deaky!!!! :laugh:

How about the early wreck with Albers and Schumi? Before the race even started! Ferrari just couldnt catch a break this year. Overall, I wasnt happy with the race. Semmed boring like a NASCAR race since half the race was run behind the safety car.

bursty said:
How about the early wreck with Albers and Schumi? Before the race even started! Ferrari just couldnt catch a break this year. Overall, I wasnt happy with the race. Semmed boring like a NASCAR race since half the race was run behind the safety car.
[snapback]238455[/snapback]​

Agreed. I actually fell asleep halfway through the race (thank God for tivo). Im really curious to hear an explanation for the Albers/MSC wreck, the reason that Karthikeyan ended up destroying his Jordan, how MSC ended up off the track behind the SC, among other things. Oh well, it was a fitting end to a very bizzare season.

-Zach

i didn't get much of an opportunity to watch my beloved F1 series this season, Shumi has only 67 pts. this season, think he is loosing his edge?

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
Whoo-hoo! What, if you ask, will bet me out of the bars early at 12:30am on a sat. night? The last Formula 1 race of the year, The Chinese Grand Prix!

Gotta say, they were an awesome set of 56 laps.
http://www.f1racing.net/en/

In the end, Fernando Alonso grabbed 1st place for 7 wins for the season and the constructors' championship. I know Renault's [the car company] pumped for this. Kimi Raikkonen [easily the fastest man in F1] grabbed 2nd [he also ad 7 wins for the year]. And finally in 3rd was Ralf Schumacher.

The most bittersweet? The decision to move from a V10 down to a V8 for next season. Nothing says world-class racing like going down to a lesser engine so everyone can feel better for themselves.

I for one, will be waiting thru winter for the racing to begin again in the spring.
:thumbs:
[snapback]238386[/snapback]​

Ok first order of business: yes, sex.

Secondly, I became fascinated with F1 after the Michelin debacle at Indy. Not fascinated enough to stay up that late though!

Thirdly, anyone foloow both sports? The situation in Charlotte this Sat. night was amost identical to the situation in Indy. Basically Goodyear brought a tire that couldn't handle the stress of the new track conditions. The drivers were driving around at 85-95%, knowing that just about every 30 laps, a caution was going to come out, and just hoping that it wasn't them. NASCAR even threw two competition coutions, and during the second one they mandated an air pressure for the left front tire. Weird, but exciting.

Finally, Rob_k: no, it's Ferrari that's losing their edge.

Happy racing!

Rob_k said:
i didn't get much of an opportunity to watch my beloved F1 series this season, Shumi has only 67 pts. this season, think he is loosing his edge?
[snapback]238625[/snapback]​

Schumi has not lost his edge. Think back to the Italian GP, where he took the fight directly to Alonso and damn near took the race win. It was the combination of Ferrari spending a LOT more time on the F2005's design than other teams, racing the F2004-GA which wasn't competitive like years before, getting the F2005's design ultimately wrong, and having crappy and/or mismatched tires from Bridgestone that caused this season's demise.

I haven't watched this season since the US"GP". Been a fan for 10+ years, and I've never seen anything so disgraceful as that. I'll probably start watching again next season just to see how things fall.

50thVert said:
Rob_k said:
[snapback]238625[/snapback]​

Schumi has not lost his edge. Think back to the Italian GP, where he took the fight directly to Alonso and damn near took the race win. It was the combination of Ferrari spending a LOT more time on the F2005's design than other teams, racing the F2004-GA which wasn't competitive like years before, getting the F2005's design ultimately wrong, and having crappy and/or mismatched tires from Bridgestone that caused this season's demise.
[snapback]238657[/snapback]​
Shumi is the number 1 driver in the world, bar none. I would put him up against anyone, in any machine, hence my question. I have been on the F1 page today, and yes, seems tires and aerodynamics (height of front wing and moving the rear wing foward) by the F1 committee really hampered Big Red's (Ferrari) '05 season. There is always the '06 season I guess.

I would love to see Schumi and Kimi driving for Ferrari. That would be an unstoppable team. No doubt Schumi had lots of problems this year due to the F2005 and the tires, but even so, he placed 3rd correct? Thats ahead of Montoya which is no slouch. He'll be back.