• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fabrics and cigar smoke

"K"

Cigar Grand Poohbah
Well gents and gals... and everything else, I did a quick search, but resulted in little info.

In you're definitive experience, what is the best fabric for repelling cigar smoke odor?
I find myself smoking more at work now. Sneaking in a petite corona when I have time between customers.

Wool seems to be the fabric of choice for many, topics from my other message boards state wool wicks well, but doesn't absorb sweat, has natural antibacterial properties, and is somewhat tough. But how's it on repelling smells??

Co-workers/fam ever give you any trouble in regards to smelling like cigar smoke?? Any luck with other fabrics?

Wear a smoking jacket? Although that would suck in the summer months.

It might keep the smoke from touching your clothing.

A smoking jacket and a fez. :p

The Victorians had the right of it. Your hair is going to retain as much smoke as your clothing. That brings to mind a story though . . . I have a favorite leather jacket, a reproduction of the old Louisville Slugger factory team baseball jackets (that doesn't fit anymore) which I wore through college, including to my weekly pool hall excursions with my best friend and classmate. Twenty years later it still smells faintly of cigars, I think. When I came down here after college, though . . . my father couldn't stand to be in the same room with it!

c754599c4b271cd7b424ae79148d3ac7.jpg

~Boar

Smoking jackets can still rock. I actually do have one, although the only person ever to have worn it while cigar smoking is my girlfriend. Depending on how fashion forward you are, there is a small fashion brand that makes them based out of SF. Www.Betabrand.com

image.png

I've got a sweatshirt jacket I wear when I know I will be with people who done like how I smell

I just go back in the shipping department and have them wrap me in shrink wrap.

In school we would have an extra jacket in the car and wear that - never helped I'm sure.

Ozium (ozone) is good - not sure about how good for fabric. I do know the car never stinks as much after the use.

There is a produce JimD had (has) in the cigar shop...it's a white bottle with a yellow and black label. I've used that leaving his shop...and I have a bottle or two at home.
It does help.

I'd suggest, after you cigar, light up some weed - nobody cares about that nowadaze!

Ozium Is pretty damn good. But leaning towards the smoking jacket\2nd article of clothing. I'll have to address the issue of storing it somewhere... or I can probably just throw them out after each use.
Ozium still masks it, esp on humid days.

I would've thunk* nylon or synthetics would be pretty good at resisting anything, or airing out easily.

Are you doing this for other people? Seems like a lot of work, to please a few people.