• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake cigars

Big Stick

Should I take the chance of mixing (I think Fakes) with my other stick in the same humi?

Shouldn't be a big deal unless they are flavored smokes. Some fakes are actually made with some pretty good tabacco.

I would think the likelihood of there being beetle eggs in conterfeit cigars, whatever their origin, would be greater than in authentic smokes.

I would, therefore, segregate them.

Right there with ya tigger. I don't know how many pics I have seen of glass top Coughibas with beetles eating away at the fake bastids beneath. Kinda fitting I think. But it probably has something to do with the fact that they are treated like the junk they are by the scum that sell them(read: high temps and disregard for humidity.)

I would keep them out of your humi and show them to your buddies, don't keep them with your good sticks.

CYG

Like someone wrote somewhere before - sell them on ebay :p

Thanks all segragated them in tuberware. So I my compare them to the real deal

I would say that as long as they are kept under 70 deg's they have no higher chance to catch a beetle infestation as any other ISOM farm grown.

I would say that as long as they are kept under 70 deg's they have no higher chance to catch a beetle infestation as any other ISOM farm grown.

I wouldn't keep farm smokes with my correctly-branded cigars any more than I would cigars from an unknown origin. Altadis/Habanos SA's quality control methods have improved markedly in the last few years. I highly doubt that the same is true for "homegrowns."

And 70 deg F isn't a silver bullet. Maintaining that temperature greatly reduces the chances of a hatch, but in my experience doesn't completely eliminate it. So why take the risk?

Speaking strictly about ISOM,s, I don't think there would be much difference between Brand tobacco and street stuff. The temprature is the deciding factor. The eggs are microscopic and fumigation is done in the barns across the board. You'd be surprised how many of those "fake" cigars come out of the same barns as the brand cigars. These tobacco are basically stolen/sold either from the factory or the farms itself, given that they came out of Cuba.

Having said all that, I would not take a chance of ruining my prized cigars on a count of a 50 cent cigar. It would be like blasphemy. All it takes is one stick to ruin a whole batch.

I've seen some pretty bad fakes... I wouldn't put them anywhere near the good stuff... I don't even put NCs next to Cubans.

Speaking strictly about ISOM,s, I don't think there would be much difference between Brand tobacco and street stuff. The temprature is the deciding factor.

If the reports we're hearing that Habanos S.A. is freezing boxed cigars before they ship, then there is a significant difference.