• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake Cuban's Article

Interesting article, I was at my local shop the other day and they had a box of fake cohiba's for sale in the corner for $2 apiece.

Interesting article, I was at my local shop the other day and they had a box of fake cohiba's for sale in the corner for $2 apiece.
Fake as in Cuban Cohiba fake?

Wow, they should be reported.

Brian

Brian

They were Cohibas, but they were very obviously fake and they were by no means advertising them. Anyone with any cigar knowledge would know they were fake. Should they be Reported? I don't know its not like they were selling them for $20 bucks apiece. I might buy a couple to give away as jokes...You never know, they might be alright for a $2 cigar.

**Edit** Nvm, I wouldn't buy them. They might have cockroaches in them.

Brian

They were Cohibas, but they were very obviously fake and they were by no means advertising them. Anyone with any cigar knowledge would know they were fake. Should they be Reported? I don't know its not like they were selling them for $20 bucks apiece. I might buy a couple to give away as jokes...You never know, they might be alright for a $2 cigar.

Out of curiosity, what kind of band were on the Cohibas? There are non-Cuban Cohibas as well though I don't know that there are any at $2/stick.

A few years ago a store in Westchester County, NY had some of the obviously fake cohibas displayed. They too were a couple of bucks apiece. I bought one and when I tried to smoke it I gagged. It tasted like a cigarette. I wasn't thinking about saving the band at the time, I just wanted to get over the nasty taste of the thing. I unrolled the cigar and it was filled with what appeared to be cigarette tobacco.

That particular store is no longer there...............

I have so many more fake Cuban's then I do real ones. Nice friends have gotten them for me in a genuine attempt of kindness. I never say anything but thanks.

I actually save them and one day want to to a shadow box display of them and why they are fake.

Real Cubans are awesome, and everyone thinks "their" Cuban's are real.

I just want the brothers here to be protected and safe in their purchases. I do not want any of us to get taken.

He has seen cigars made of toilet paper, paper, banana leaves, and cockroaches.

I've seen ghurkas too :whistling:

Brian

Out of curiosity, what kind of band were on the Cohibas? There are non-Cuban Cohibas as well though I don't know that there are any at $2/stick.

They weren't the red dot cohibas. They were the classic 3 rows of dots above the name with the uneven background and the text breaking the circle in the C.

Interesting article but i have read all this before. What i never read before was all that stuff about cockroaches and toilet paper. I'm not sure if i'll smoke a fake to make a friend feel good because he brought back some Cubans from Mexico for me. :0