• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake Cubans ! New From Cuba !

centurycigar

Rare Stamp & Coin Dealer
Hey Guys...One of my business associates brought these back from Cuba, they were purchased directly from the hotel he stayed at. Which is a little scary for tourists.

As you can see below, he box 1 box of Romeo Y Julieta Deluxe #3, 1 box of Cohiba Esplendidos, and a 5 pack of Cohiba Siglo II (which Im not 100% certain is fake, but were bought at the same source)

These were purchased for $200.00 Canadian, pretty bad, but no disgusting.
I have heard of higher prices and worse cigars (glass-top).
He wants me to get rid of these for him, but wants some money back (I know, I know, stupid! stupid !), but if anybody wants these for a reference collection of some sort, PM me with an offer, and I will tell him.
Just doing this strictly as a favour to him.

I took the liberty of taking a few photos of the boxes, so people can see how to better spot fakes. Even though I spotted the lime green label 50 ft. away!

There is something very unusual (even for fakes) with the R&J box, as you can see below, there are addtional labels of some sort, that are exposed on the back, and have clearly been pasted over. Any thoughts on these? Looks like Habanos label?

Moki, feel free to take these photos for your database, if there are any specific picture you need, just PM me.

DRESS BOX
RJ1.jpg

WARRENTY SEAL, LIME GREEN !
RJ2.jpg

SIDE VIEW, VERY WRINKLED PACKAGING
RJ3.jpg

UNUSUAL LABELS STICKING OUT ????
RJ4.jpg

DE LUXE NO.#3 CIGARS
RJ5.jpg

BANDS CLOSE UP !
RJ6.jpg

R&J DE LUXE NAKED !
RJ7.jpg

ESPLENDIDOS BOX
COH1.jpg

ESPLENDIDOS WARRENTY SEAL & CLASP
COH2.jpg

BOX OPENED, CEDAR & LABEL
COH3.jpg

AMAZINGLY BAD ESPLENDIDOS LABEL !
COH5.jpg

ESPLENDIDOS REVEILED !
COH6.jpg

BAND CLOSE UP !
COH7.jpg

SIGLO II 5'ER BOX
SIG1.jpg

SIGLO II OUT OF BOX
SIG2.jpg

5'ER OF SIGLO II CLOSE UP
SIG3.jpg

No longer available.

edited: To take off the marketplace. Dont feel comfortable selling these, even if Im just trying to do a favour...thx Z.

The Sig II's don't look bad...What is the name on the clasp of the Esplendido box? Those caps, wow. Even from here they don't look like a triple cap..

No name on the clasp.

Regarding the Siglo II's, the only thing that holds me back is the veiny leaves, the white showing on the label (above the gold) and there a couple green spots on a couple of the sticks.

Emil,

Here are some more detailed pictures of a cardboard three-pack of Cohiba Robustos.

The package has the small seal and Habanos stickers.
CoRo02.jpg

The inside of the lid has some script text in Spanish.
CoRo03.jpg

All cigars have the "triple-cap" appearance but the best view of it is not always from front and center of the band.
CoRo04.jpg

You can see from this 5 x 3 cardboard pack of Partagas Serie D No.4 that the outer carton has the large seal and Habanos sticker, each individual 3-pack has its own small seal and Habanos stickers.
PSD401.jpg

Wilkey

Edit: Replaced the photo with more detailed ones. The original post is quoted by Centurycigar, below.

Emil,

The cardboard pack of Sig II seems to be missing the Cuban seal sticker and the Habanos sticker.

This is a CBP of CoRos.
CoRo01.jpg

Wilkey

Very true, didn't even notice !
Nice spot Wilkey.

I wonder where they got the box?
Because thats original for sure.

My thoughts are: that they are fake. The Certificate of Origin stands out to my eye (use your black light), along with that fake cohiba design that looks drawn on. I really would not offer anything fake for sale on this site, just causes to many problems.

Below is a picture taken of a fake fiver i puchased near Havana in January. The real on is on the right. The ring guage is larger on the fake. The color of the fake is more of a green, and it taste like tobacco, but very poor quality. There is a real on on the right from a cab for comparison.

Cohiba013.jpg

Here is a closer look at the one on the left. Notice the paper thin green wrapper leaf covers a "tube" of leafs, stuffed with filler. (real one is in tact on the right).

Cohiba025.jpg

Hey Wilkey,
Great shots, Can you tell me if any white is shown on the band?
Above the top gold line, above COHIBA.
Like the far right one in my shot.

E

Hey Wilkey,
Great shots, Can you tell me if any white is shown on the band?
Above the top gold line, above COHIBA.
Like the far right one in my shot.

E

I would not go by that, Emil. I've seen legitimate Cohibas with slight variations in the registration of the print colors and the emboss. In fact, I've got a Cohiba Selection Reserva Robusto from an impeccable source which has a noticeably misregistered band. This should not be considered definitive. What is more suspicious is the complete lack of the appropriate stickers. Remember, the Fauxhiba Zeebra sent me was cosmetically perfect in every way. Only the smoking revealed its bogus nature.

Wilkey

I forgot I had a authentic band from a Siglo II.
Heres a picture of the "fake" and the authentic Sig.
The one on the bottom is the bogus one.

You can see is much larger, the yellow is darker, the "Habana" type is a little rougher, and the gold is shifted.

I love playin detective, I feel like Grissom :p

BANDS.jpg

Well there was one habit of mine that appeared to be very present with the sticks zee sent me. I always smell a cigar, it seems you can fake a wrapper, you can fake a band, you can even fake a box but I have yet to see a fake that had that isom smell. Sorry to hear about your buddy getting ripped century.

Thanks Mrepp, but I told him ! And he didn't listen, what else is new.
People always love a deal, and they are often blinded by it.

I agree on the smell, the Cohibas were the worst, for lack of the better term, they smelt like crap (literally). I gagged a little.

Well there was one habit of mine that appeared to be very present with the sticks zee sent me. I always smell a cigar, it seems you can fake a wrapper, you can fake a band, you can even fake a box but I have yet to see a fake that had that isom smell. Sorry to hear about your buddy getting ripped century.

I like that when people speak of fake Cohibas, my name usually comes up. I'm forever linked as the "fake Cohiba guy". :laugh:

I like that when people speak of fake Cohibas, my name usually comes up. I'm forever linked as the "fake Cohiba guy". :laugh:

Lmao well the last post I made about these I left your name out and you went and clamed credit anyhow. :sign:

Lmao well the last post I made about these I left your name out and you went and clamed credit anyhow. :sign:

Left my name out? Is there another "zee" on the board?

I just came back from the Barcelo Marina Palace in Varadero. I would never buy from any of the hotel stores unless you are really good at knowing what a fakes looks like. That said... those fakes are really bad. The store at Marina Palace was very well stocked and I didn't notice any fakes outright but the humidity was consistently over 80%. In the mornings the glass was all wet and steamed. Also, the hotel stores don't sell cigars at government prices, they are usually 1 or 2 pesos over MSRP per stick. Take the 5 peso bus ride to Plaza America or 64th street and shop at La Casa. Both of those store had everything at MSRP and were really well stocked.

Doesn't surprise me. Even at a very nice hotel in Aruba, one of the gift shops was selling fauxhibas. I picked up a couple to check out the construction, but I didn't take any photos.