• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Famous 70th Anniversary Padron/Garcia

fegbri

fegbri
In the new Famous Smoke Shop catalog they have 70th anniversary editions. One of them is a special one made by Padron and another by the Garcia Family. Was wondering if anyone has sampled them. Don't want to fork out the cash if there is nothing special about them (especially the Padron at $280 per 20). Thanks

well, its not a Famous, but I had the 110 year Holts Padron, and honestly, I wasn't overly impressed. Now, it was a 1926 series, of which i dont have a lot of experience with. However, of the 1926 series ones i have had, this was nothing amazing. I say hold off, or do a GB/Box Split.

I've had the Padrons. They're nothing special, just different vitolas of existing blends. The different shapes didn't really change the profile of the blends, in my opinion.

Can't speak to the other cigars.

It appears the blend is the same but they are more expensive with a box count of only 20. Seems there are better deals to be had with the regular Anniversary line. If you get some let us know how they are.

Has anyone tried these since? I feel like Padron wouldn't put their name on anything without it tasting good.

I bought and smoked a box of the Garcia Churchills($70 shipping Monster). I was impressed. Those who find the spicy Pepins TOO spicy might like these. Great gobs of flavor with the spiciness toned down by the wrapper.

I bought and smoked a box of the Garcia Churchills($70 shipping Monster). I was impressed. Those who find the spicy Pepins TOO spicy might like these. Great gobs of flavor with the spiciness toned down by the wrapper.
Sounds like they would be pretty great with a year of age.

I tried the Garcia robustos and would not have recognized them as Garcias had I not known what they were. Not bad, but I prefer most of his other blends - Cubao, Blue and Black Labels, 601's, etc.

Sounds like they would be pretty great with a year of age.
How ya been? You may be right but I liked them so much they were gone in a few months! :D Their stock has more than 6 months age now and may need a month to recover from Famous' 70-some% RH.

Has anyone tried these since? I feel like Padron wouldn't put their name on anything without it tasting good.

Might want to check the reviews right on the Famous site. There aren't many Pepin's that I don't like. Regular line Anniversario's can be found at much better prices.

I am always suspect of these blends made exclusively for one retailer. Just not my cup of tea...especially with the prices they are charging.