• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fantasy Football League - Cigar Friendly

waliguy

Hey, I have played FFB with some of you guys, and wanted to let you know about another league that I have set up through Yahoo.

12 team league. I just set it up last night, and have sent out invites, however I also wanted to open it up to anyone still looking to join a league (or another one -- as I know I already play in another).

Here you go:

League ID#: 532937
League Name: CFFFOOTBALL
Password: opusx
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/le...fantasyfootball
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Wed Aug 29 4:00pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 16, 2007
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (50 yards per point; 2 points at 250 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (20 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (20 yards per point; 1 points at 125 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (3)
Interception (3)
Fumble Recovery (3)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (6)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-2)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Fractional Points: No
Negative Points: Yes

League fees $100 per team, to be converted into boxes of habanos. Payout to top 4 teams, as voted by owners.

Draft LIVE on Wednesday, August 29, 4pm CDT.

POST ON THIS THREAD IF INTERESTED...

I've changed draft time to 7:30pm CDT on Wednesday, August 29th. It wouldn't allow me to do that earlier.

wooo hoo, I'm so excited about the upcoming season! I have really gotten to love FF!

If I wasn't in 2 leagues already, I would be down for this!

Erick

The league is getting some traction...we've got a couple of pretty talented owners particating...get signed up quick...this league will fill. Thanks guys.

You know I'm in Chris. :thumbs:

I know Chris has not finalized the payouts yet as it will depend on the number of teams but one thing he was mentioning which I found interesting, in addition to paying the playoff winners, is awarding one cigar to the winning teams each week. Prob only work if we have the full 12 teams and again, he's talking about it and has not finalized anything. Rest assure there will be a nice payout regardless how he does it and Chris will not disappoint with the cigar selection.

Also, anyone signing up and paying via PP.... DO NOT mention anything about cigars.

$100 is a pretty inexpensive box of cigars.
$100 divided by 13 weeks (not counting playoffs) is about $8/week for great entertainment. And a budget of about 1 cigar per week. It's nothin...
Plus, this is a habanos league. We now have SIX owners...and I want this to be a 12-team league. That's a $1200 budget or about 8 boxes (200 cigars) for payout.
I'm planning to award 1 cigar per win. 6 winners per week, that's 78 cigars, with 122 left for the playoffs.
Most teams should win 5 games minimum of 13. Add to that winnings for the playoffs, and the top 4 teams are going to do pretty well.
Exact cigars chosen for payout will be voted on by the team owners.
OK, now who's in? Draft is online on Wednesday, August 29th, 730pm CDT.

I copied this from a different discussion and thought it better explained what Chris plans to do. I really like this set up since everyone should win a few cigars at the minimum. If you plan to play don't snooze.... get signed in. :thumbs:

Got the invite Wali! Thank you. I'm going to have to pass this year. In two local leagues this year and three is just too much.

Best of luck to everyone!

Joe

The league says 8:30 edt. Can't make that. Any chance of moving it up or back?

NA

I'm working on draft time, but it will take place on Wed Aug 29th. So far I have not received emails that it CAN'T be moved, but I've only gotten a few responses.

Up to 7 owners now, and I know of two more who are going to sign up tonight...so that's 9.

Still room for three more...

11 players are in... only one spot left. Not a good time to be undecided. LOL!

The draft has changed to an OFF LINE DRAFT. That means you will draft on your own schedule...when your pick comes up, you choose. PM or email me if you have questions.

So, no excuse that a time won't work for the draft. It's according to your schedule.

Only ONE more owner needed now...

So how is this going to work. Are we gonna start at a certain time? What if someone is not there? Is there an auto pick? You might try yahoo in a couple days... maybe you just timed out or sunthin'.

NA

Neil, if I understand it correctly once Chris gets the last team signed up he's going to turn on the draft at the other place. Once the draft is turned on it will be up to everyone to check the site to see if its thier turn to draft. Since the draft is not timed it won't be done in one night but over the next couple of weeks.

I'm not so sure that is going to work very well myself and it will be very time consuming. I'm leaving town until the 27th so there will be no way for me to make a pick at least until then. One person not on one or two days will hold up everything. I'm wondering if we can't get a time that works for everyone on the other site and just get it done in one night. I just don't see the other way working.

I'll have email service on my phone but other than that I'm out until Monday. I'll check in then.

I'm not real crazy about working the draft that way. I'll probably drop out if we can't just get it done over a couple hours. Yahoo will probably reset and let him change it after a day or so.

NA

I've tried to reset on Yahoo several times, and the latest is at 930 CDT on Wed, Sept 29th.

Hoping we can just get together on Fanball and get 'er done at one time. It will be most expediate. OFFLINE drafts might pose problems.

We still need one owner guys. Get the word out.