• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fantasy Football Thread

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Let use this thread to keep things tidy.

Week 2, and I am 2-0 for the season. Put up 181 points this week, and 132 last week. Looks like it could be a good year for me. I dropped Santana Moss for good, just do not think he is gonna put up consistent numbers. Starting Galloway with Fitz and Boldin. 2 weeks in a row that my AZ WR put up sub par numbers, but they did play a better Def. this week. NO production out of my tight end for the second week in a row Damn you Gonz....

But with all that said Palmer locked this week up for me!

Tim

Last year I had the worst record in our league.
This year I am 2-0 .. BOO YEAH!! CPFFL is mine!!

Brady and Johnson locked it up for me!

I'm 2-0 as well....

I don't have any big time score getters. All my players put out an even amount of points and do it in sylish form. I will say the biggest disapointment this year so far has been Shaun Alexander. I know its only Week 2 but he just hasn't looked like the SA of two years ago. I just hope he can step it up come the later weeks. A player that is really surprising me is Matt Shaub. He's been riding my bench but now I think I'm gonna try and get some trade value out of him.

I'm 0-1 so far. Bryant Westbrook will decide my Week 2 for me. If he scores more than 11 points, I lose. I'm hoping for some stiff run D from Washington.

I would be doing better if I could get some production out of my Tight End ( insert joke here)

Gonz has netted me a whopping 6 points in 2 games.
I am thinking about sitting Fitz this week for Brandon Marshall only because I do not want 2 of my 3 receivers tied to the ability of a young QB against the Ravens D.

Tim

Still having a issue at Wide Receiver, this is how it stacks up this week:

Boldin - Could see less of CB McAllister which gives him a good chance
Fitzgerald - Tougher matchup as CB McAllister matches up well with him
Marshall - Could be needed more with Mathis on Walker.

Thinking about Galloway, Boldin and Marshall

Whay say you?

Tim

I'd go with Boldin and Fitz. Although I'm still waiting for Fitz to give me a good game this year.

My one WR stud so far this year was Andre Johnson who's now out 2-4 weeks with a sprained knee. :angry:

I've got hit with the injury bug already. I have Andre Johnson in both leagues I'm doing, and Westbrook in another. :angry:

I've had Shaun Alexander two years in a row and both years he gets hurt....Luckily this year he's not being a puss and he's playing...

It took me four days to get over this to the point where I can post about it.

Marc Bulger never starts for me again
. I sat Jon Kitna and his 30+ points on my bench last Sunday in favor of Bulger and his -1 point. It's a bad thing when you would have come out better if you started a QB with a bye week :angry:

last week sat Fitz (7 points) started Randel-El (4 points), so it was not that bad of a move. I am 3-0 in my league, and this week I will be sitting Shaun Alexander, for Barber...I just have a hunch, and the defenses they will face favor this move IMHO. Had to pick up a new IDP, as my guy on the Bills broke his arm. Also picked up Davis (WR) from the Texans, as he is now the top receiver on the team, and Boldin is a game day decision.

Tim

Game time decisions suck. I started Javon Walker because my source said he'd play. Luckily Ronnie Brown is carrying me again this week and I should be 3-1 after Monday.

Well, over here the football games come on around 8pm and continue from there. Around Midnight (accounting for the fact that we set our clocks back a hour) I was about 60 points down with the early games over, the late games in the 3rd qtr, and only the Sunday and Monday Night Games left to play. I was not holding out any chance to pull off a win this week. Well I woke this morning to see that I am only about 24 points down and I have Palmer playing in the Monday NIght game, so I just might be able to pull this 4-0 start off.

Tim

Breaking news:
Need a starting RB? Travis Henry has apparently tested positive for marijuana and a one-year suspension might be looming. Selvin Young would take over as the starting tailback for the Broncos. With all the RB injuries, he wont last long.

With 121 yds. and 2 TD's, Kenton freaking Keith won my week for me! :thumbs:

Dang!! I knew Week 8 was gonna be bad for me. I had a lot byes but had managed jick jack my roster around to cover. With Romo in the drivers' seat all season and also with a week 8 bye, I had picked up David Garrard earlier in the season. A fine backup who was doing really well......until last night.

%^!%*&)#$^!!!!!

Now the best I can do is Vince Young off waivers and I'm way down the waiver list. If he doesn't clear, I guess I'll just write off Week 8 and keep Garrard as a backup.

@!@#$^$&&*(%$&!!!!!

:angry:

KIcked ass again this week.
WIth Brady starting every week for me I have a good chance to win.