• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fat Bastard Cigar

AZ Smoker

Hey All,

I had a "Fat Bastard" last Saturday and it was phenomenal!! They are extremely hard to find here in Arizona, I only know of one place that sells them here. It was very smooth, burned well and had a very easy draw. I also took 2nd in a poker tourney, so that probably made it taste good :)

Has anyone else tried one?

www.fatbastardcigars.com

That's odd, the only place they have listed as a seller is a shop on their "Find Fat Bastard Cigar" page is in Arizona, Phoenix to be exact. The other thing is the phone number and fax number on the Contact page is the exact same as the only seller on the "Find" page. Makes me think if they're hard to find in Arizona, they'd be even harder to find anywhere else.

What's even more odd: since he was kind enough to provide us with the site, you would think he would be aware of the fact they're only available 30 minutes from the city he calls home...

Hey All,

I had a "Fat Bastard" last Saturday and it was phenomenal!! They are extremely hard to find here in Arizona, I only know of one place that sells them here. It was very smooth, burned well and had a very easy draw. I also took 2nd in a poker tourney, so that probably made it taste good :)

www.fatbastardcigars.com

What's even more odd: since he was kind enough to provide us with the site, you would think he would be aware of the fact they're only available 30 minutes from the city he calls home...

I was aware of that; I guess for us AZ folks, we can experience a great stick.

Hey All,

www.fatbastardcigars.com

Hey All,

www.fatbastardcigars.com
It really bugs me when new members quote a post without adding additional content. I understand it when an established BOTL quotes a post to preserve the content that they feel is questionable. Chris (AZ Smoker), are you affiliated with fatbastardcigars or Holy Smokes?

Hey All,

www.fatbastardcigars.com
It really bugs me when new members quote a post without adding additional content. I understand it when an established BOTL quotes a post to preserve the content that they feel is questionable. Chris (AZ Smoker), are you affiliated with fatbastardcigars or Holy Smokes?

I apologize for not quoting correctly. No, I'm not affiliated with either of those, I was just rating a cigar that I enjoyed. Did I do something incorrectly?

Hey All,

www.fatbastardcigars.com

I apologize for not quoting correctly. No, I'm not affiliated with either of those, I was just rating a cigar that I enjoyed. Did I do something incorrectly?

That's a really good question that I am not qualified to answer. From what I can tell the cigar you rated so highly is only available in a Phoenix B&M about 30 miles from the city you live in, Mesa Arizona. From my point of view here in North Little Rock Arkansas that makes them easy to find for you but hard to find for me and everyone else outside of the Phoenix metropolitan area.

I apologize to the FOG's for any encroachment and will leave this to them from this point forward. If there's anything insincere in the OP they will figure it out.

Larry

Hey All,

www.fatbastardcigars.com

I'll comment on what LarryH was referring to. Your reply (in bold) shows up inside the quoted post for tomthirtysix. It just makes it harder to find what you said. At first glance it looked like you hadn't even typed anything in your reply. Just be careful about where the begin and end quote tags are, it'll help reduce the confusion.

Hey All,

www.fatbastardcigars.com

I'll comment on what LarryH was referring to. Your reply (in bold) shows up inside the quoted post for tomthirtysix. It just makes it harder to find what you said. At first glance it looked like you hadn't even typed anything in your reply. Just be careful about where the begin and end quote tags are, it'll help reduce the confusion.

Thanks for the clarification, Shamrocker.

AZ Smoker, I think some of the questions being asked are a result of a past history of people posting similar reviews of lesser known cigars with limited distribution and those people end up being shills for either the B&M or the cigar mfg. itself. In my short time here I've seen it several times and this manner of promotion comes off as dishonest. If you have no association to either the B&M or the cigar, then you've done nothing wrong, but your review fits the template of such posts that have been seen in the past. HERE is an example of such a shill attempt. The OP was asking about a lesser known brand with limited distribution and this jp5150 guy poses as someone innocently posting his thoughts on the cigar when in fact he was a rep for the B&M that carried the cigar. Please don't take it personally if you don't have any affiliation and you were just providing insight into a cigar. :thumbs:

AZ Smoker, I think some of the questions being asked are a result of a past history of people posting similar reviews of lesser known cigars with limited distribution and those people end up being shills for either the B&M or the cigar mfg. itself. In my short time here I've seen it several times and this manner of promotion comes off as dishonest. If you have no association to either the B&M or the cigar, then you've done nothing wrong, but your review fits the template of such posts that have been seen in the past. HERE is an example of such a shill attempt. The OP was asking about a lesser known brand with limited distribution and this jp5150 guy poses as someone innocently posting his thoughts on the cigar when in fact he was a rep for the B&M that carried the cigar. Please don't take it personally if you don't have any affiliation and you were just providing insight into a cigar. :thumbs:

Thanks MoeCizlak, like is said in an earlier post, I have NO AFFLIATION with the B&M or the cigar. I just was reviewing the cigar as I was extremely impressed, and thought it was odd that it would only be sold in one place in the United States. After reading the post you included in the link I do see how some may feel the way the do.

From my short time on the site, CP seems like a good group of folks, so I have not taken anything personally. You have to earn your respect as a newbie, right :)

From my short time on the site, CP seems like a good group of folks, so I have not taken anything personally. You have to earn your respect as a newbie, right :)

You're right! This is a great group of folks, and thanks for seeing this all for what it was in the end.

Solid post Clint! Not rude, but you get the point across....................You must have taken your Metamucil this morning.

Lay off the AZ noob! :laugh: If we find out he's doing something inappropriate then I'll drive over, find him and unleash some furry! :p Must I do some investigating...:whistling: