• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Father, Son, Brother.

Timm357

Hey all,

Been a big time lurker with only a post or two, needed to jump on and share an experience I had recently. . .

My dad is an international traveler by trade and was always bringing a cuban or two home throughout the years when I was growing up. I would see him and a friend smoke over a scotch and knew there was something special about their exprerience as I would watch and listen as a kid. I'm pushing 30 years old (at least technically speaking) and get to see him once a year at most. He was visiting a few weeks ago so a good smoke was in order. My oldest brother, him and I ate some fantastic italian food opened a second bottle of some Italian red, ditched the women and headed outside to smoke. I broke into a box of Padron 1964 Corona Naturals I had waiting for the right time. We all prefer smaller ring gauges and try to keep it under 6 inches so I knew this was a good size for the occassion. A full stomach and half in the wine bag later those Padrons could not have been better. I have had a few good cigars but something about them really hit the spot. I am not going to pretend to know what words to use to describe the flavor profile but once I got past the first inch or so (which wasn't a bad heavy spicy flavor) and into the second third of the smoke it really settled into a delightful almost full bodied experience. I would want to call it "full bodied" but it was too smooth and complex to be what I would think would be full bodied. It had a distinct spicy, earthly, flavor that seem to be characteristic of the few anniversarios I have smoked. There was one flavor in particular that I can't put a name too, maybe cinammon or nutmeg with some coffee in there or something that just brought a smile to my face. Dad sat back right about midway through the stick, smiled and said "it really is an under-rated experience, a good cigar, I'm not used to something like this." It made my night and was a hell of a bonding experience. I have since picked up a couple more boxes of 1964's as I am having trouble smoking anything cheap that I use to like ;-). Thought you guys / gals could appreciate this. Thanks again!

Now I'm going to fire up a God of Fire Robusto and see how that makes this rainy Saturday afternoon.

Oops, I jumped in before I read all of the rules for the forum.

Padron 1964 Anniversario Natural Wrapper

6 x 42 Box Pressed

Wow...

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you really had a great time. To me, the experience is what it is all about. Again, thanks for sharing yours!

Nice review of the smoke and the evening. :thumbs:

Thanks for the story, was a great read. Sounds like one excellent time was had by all!

Thank you for sharing that story, that is what enjoying cigars and spending time with family should be like! :thumbs: Sounds like you all had a wonderful night, here's hoping you have more.

Great story! I wish I could enjoy a good cigar with my dad but he refuses to smoke.