• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fave ISOMs?

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
What are people's fave. ISOMs?

-As I am broker than broke, the only ISOMs that I have ever seen up close have been the few luckily recieved in trade or those in pictures.

I am curious as to what people love. Big/small? Fat/skinny? Specific brand or any?

Also what do you love most from your ISOMs?
Taste? Smell? Wrapper color? Blend?

(as always I accept donations :p )

I think the one I liked the most was a 97' RyJ Celestios Finos. After that, Monte #2, Boli Belicoso Fino, and a Partagas in the perfecto shape. All three have a distinct flavor profile. As far as wrappers go, I love the sight of a Colorado wrapper. A nice reddish brown color with a velvety toch.

Emo

1. I have not smoked em all yet, so I don't have a particular favorite yet.

2. Favorite part...can consistantly smoke a $4 - 6 cigar to the nub without becoming harsh.

Like Emo says, the Monte #2 is definitely a fine cigar and the Patagas Culebra for a machine made is also a good smoke. It's all up to you as what you consider a great smoke and when.... :)

Horse said:
1. I have not smoked em all yet, so I don't have a particular favorite yet.

2. Favorite part...can consistantly smoke a $4 - 6 cigar to the nub without becoming harsh.
I agree with both points. Cubans are very smooth - even the full-bodied ones - especially with some age on them. So far my favs have been (in no special order):
  • Punch Punch
  • Partagas 8-9-8 Varnished
  • Trinidad Fundadores
  • Saint Luis Rey Petit Coronas

It is truly a dark world once you discover a love for these things.
This I can share from experance.
Beware of the Partagass shorts they have been known as the gateway to the darkside.

Hb

I had one of those Milinium editions Partags Series 5 No. 4's before and while this one was unfortunately half-way plugged was an excellent smoke as well.

Sam

I really don't know. I have seen reviews though and one version appears to be stronger then the other version of the exact same type. The example I can remember at the moment is one site reviewed the varnished Partagas 898 as stronger then the unvarnished partagas 898.

Hey just a crazy thought.

Perhaps the unvarnished boxes absorb more of the moisture and oils then the varnished boxes allowing the varnished boxes to keep their contents more fresh and strong or how ever you should say it. More potent perhaps.

Just a wild ass guess on my part.

Yes, it's the cabinet. I don't think the varnish has anything to do with the taste of the cigar, however. Actually in the case of Partagas the varnished is a different blend and size than the unvarnished. So it's a different cigar altogether. In fact, if I'm not mistaken they don't make the unvarnished anymore. They're still available but I like the varnished much better.