• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite album cover & why?

Alice Cooper - School's Out.

The cover was an old fashioned school desk top. The album sleeve was a pair of girls panties. Didn't know that when I opened. My mother standing near by. It was one of my first albums. Damn near was my last.

Lillywhite.jpg

If only they had released that album, :D it would have been one of there best. I remember listening to it over and over again. :thumbs:

I only see one so that rules out "these" and If I had to guess I'd say the Black Album or Smell the Glove. One goes to 11 for real and the other figuratively.

but these go to 11

The Winter Romance album by Dean Martin. Dean had way better albums musically (I almost have all his albums on Vinyl) but I love this cover.
No one was cooler than Dean Martin....and this cover proves it.

martin_dean_winterrom_101b.jpg

Nazareth Hair of the Dog

Not really sure why. It has just always appealed to me.

Not the greatest albums, but three of my favorite classic jazz covers:

Donald Byrd's A New Perspective album cover with a Jaguar E Type

cp4.jpg

In a similar style, Hank Mobley's A Caddy for Daddy

cp5.jpg

..but my favorite Hank Mobley cover is No Room for Squares

cp6.jpg

I'm not sure I'd say this was my favorite, but to me, the picture gives the observer the most perfect symbol to describe the vibe and intensity of the music inside. That one picture does in the blink of an eye much more than words could convey.

B0000028RR.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Not the greatest albums, but three of my favorite classic jazz covers:

Donald Byrd's A New Perspective album cover with a Jaguar E Type

cp4.jpg

In a similar style, Hank Mobley's A Caddy for Daddy

cp5.jpg

..but my favorite Hank Mobley cover is No Room for Squares

cp6.jpg

If Jackie "Moms" Mabely married Hank Mobley she'd be Jackie "Moms" Mabely Mobley.
I've been waiting years to use that one.

Hands down favorite album cover ....... Ohio Players Honey

Why? well, I was in the 7th grade when it came out ....... that should explain everything :whistling:

honey-ohio-players.jpg

:cool:

I have way to many to actually mention, and Ray already hit on several, but I'll also second "Frankenchrist" by DK, as well as "Plastic Surgery Disasters" by DK. On that note, "Slip It In," "My War," "Family Man," "Loose Nut," etc. by Black Flag.

Also, something I've been collecting for longer than I dare care to admit:

ANY of the following, which I have on vinyl, and in frames in one of my "MC" rooms in my homes:

qvillagea.jpg

(perhaps one of the greatest records of all time)

enchanta.jpg

hypnotiqa.jpg

primitvaa.jpg

fislanda.jpg

percussa.jpg

exotica1a.jpg

exotica2a.jpg

exotica3a.jpg

to be continued below....

ANY Jackie Gleason lp and...

d2.jpg

and the three best Sinatra albums ever made...

724349475625.jpg

no_one_cares.jpg

232843_CD_L_F.jpg