• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Beer?

NickDavid

A couple of months ago I went to a JR Cigar where there is a full lounge with food and alcohol served. We got drunk on wine and then switched to beer. I said to the lady, "I'll have a Coors Draft"... she looked at me like i had the biggest pu$$y in the world and then said "we dont serve light beers here"... i laughed my ass off in humiliation.. then returned with "I'll take a Guiness"

From then on, all i've been drinking is Guiness... Goes great with any cigar!

What do you prefer?

Chimay... cing cents, blue or red.... doesn't matter.

I like Leinenkugel Red, Sprecher Special Amber, Killians Red.. in the fall a nice Oktoberfest from one of the many small brewers in Wisconsin.

Sam Adams or a Mexican. I'm not into the micros or the house brewed. Guiness is good, but is very filling. Once in a while I'll tip a Foster's.

I've been experimenting with wine too. Merlot and Cabernet Savin .......... (whatever) lately. Any recommendations on what wines go good with sticks?

M. Gipson

gawntrail said:
Sam Adams or a Mexican. I'm not into the micros or the house brewed. Guiness is good, but is very filling. Once in a while I'll tip a Foster's.

I've been experimenting with wine too. Merlot and Cabernet Savin .......... (whatever) lately. Any recommendations on what wines go good with sticks?

M. Gipson
[snapback]159113[/snapback]​

Hess Collection is a very good wine. Karl Lawrence is great too.... All california wines.. napa valley. I'm a big fan of the cabs... never really had a bad bottle

NickDavid said:
A couple of months ago I went to a JR Cigar where there is a full lounge with food and alcohol served. We got drunk on wine and then switched to beer. I said to the lady, "I'll have a Coors Draft"... she looked at me like i had the biggest pu$$y in the world and then said "we dont serve light beers here"... i laughed my ass off in humiliation.. then returned with "I'll take a Guiness"

From then on, all i've been drinking is Guiness... Goes great with any cigar!

What do you prefer?
[snapback]159077[/snapback]​

It could've been worse. I strolled into a bar, proceeded to stink up the place with my cigar(j/k-I think it smells grand) and then ordered a Pepsi. :blush: The dark beers tend to be the ones that I prefer when smoking. The lighter ones just seem to not have a taste after a few draws of the cigar. Michelob amber bock is a great one to have with any cigar. You can have an "all Mexican" night and drink a Corona with a Te Amo or Las Cabrillas. I've found that those combinations are really something else when you combine them.

I generally prefer a dark beer with my smoke and by far my favorite is Deschutes Black Butte Porter. Sometimes I will have a Corona just to change things up.

I am driving when I smoke 90% of my smokes so it's usually coffee or diet coke. But I like a Yuengling black and tan with one.

Any Trappist Ale will do. I probably do the Chimay red most often since its the widest available. The Rochefort in my sigi is amazing.

Another good readily available Belgian (but not Trappist) ale is Duvel.

Today I did a New Belgium Abbey, definitely not the best out of that brewery but its hard to top Fat Tire.

-Matt-

Why is this thread here and not in the Saloon where it belongs? There is a whole sub forum devoted to just beer.. ;)

j crackington, I believe there's been a The Cheat sighting!

Not a beer fan... I like whiskey and vodka, but not mixed together, and no vodka with cigars.... I learned that one night on the back porch as a newbie. Padron's and vodka make my stomach talk and well... you know after that.

Hey Nick, Is that the JR's on route 17 in Paramus ?? What a shame they closed that lounge. I never got a chance to hang out there, the closed it about 2 months after I started with the Cigars... Now I just visit the one in Manhattan.

Rheingold.... goes with anything LOL :D

BkCloud114 said:
Hey Nick, Is that the JR's on route 17 in Paramus ?? What a shame they closed that lounge. I never got a chance to hang out there, the closed it about 2 months after I started with the Cigars... Now I just visit the one in Manhattan.

Rheingold.... goes with anything LOL :D
[snapback]159284[/snapback]​

hey man, they still have a HUGE lounge open on Rt 10 in whippany.... We go there sometimes... found a new place that's about a mile away from there called Sportz Bar. Its on Rt10 west. They have a cigar room with leather sofas. Food is great and the waiters are awesome!

I really like JW Dundees Honey Brown. I was at the liquor store last night buying a 6pack and saw that they came out w/ 2 new Dundees. They released a Pale Ale and a an Amber Lager. Picked up a 6 pack of the Amber Lager and it's not bad. For the price, $5.29, they both are worth picking up a 6 pack to try.

I like Amber Bock. When I can get it, I'm a big fan of Paulaner Hefeweizen (sp?)