• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Brew Pub?

Fyodor

I've travelled around a bit and have been to many breweries. I live in Chicago and am partial to Goose Island (the original in Lincoln Park) but my favorite is Rouge in Newport Oregon. Whats your favorite?

Ram brewery Red IPA.
Also enjoy the Monte Carlo High roller red ale.
Goose Island original Honkers Ale is also delicious.

Mr Peat's Brewery is my favorite.

We've got a place in Springfield called the Springfield Brewing Company, or brewco for short. It is my favorite, but not my favorite beer by far!

Also, if any of you ever get a chance to sample Mr. Peat's brews, DO IT! He brews up some awesome stuff!

Well maybe you guys aren't so fond of the brew pub experience, either that or you just hate me :( . What kind of beers do you brew Mr. Peat? I've often considered brewing my own beer. For anyone who cares here are some more brew pubs I consider awesome.

Bells in Kalamazoo MI, really good beer there especially in the winter season. Kraftbrau across the street has a better atmosphere but the beer is not as good. They did have a descent alt however.

Baghdad cafe in Portland OR, part of the McMennimans chain. Good beer and great atmosphere, it has a movie theatre connected to it and tables outside.

Magnolia in SF, small little place near Haight/Ashbury, it brings back fond memories.

Lafayette brewing co. in Lafayette IN, the beer could be better and tends to give you a terrible hangover but I've had a lot of good times there.

And of course good old Goose Island, in 1999 or one of those years back then they brewed 100 different beers! They always have real ale on cask (for those of you who know what that means) and have great events like the real ale fest and home brewers competitions.

-mark

Goose Island Clybourn is great, Wrigleyville is decent too! And Emmett's in the Chicago suburbs is very good also. As for the beers, Goose IPA is one of my faves and Emmetts Pale Ale is awesome also!
Mr Peat, we should arrange a swap of homebrew, I'd like to taste some of your handy work! ;)

Fyodor, I brew everything. I'm also a experimental home brewer that goes against all the written and unwritten rules. But I specialize in UK style beers since I find them to have less Co2 which is good for me. I also specialize in using Peat Smoked Grains in beers that it shouldnt be in and make it work. I'm infamous on 2 brewing boards for my brewing practices and most turn to me when they want to use Peat. :D

I do Scottish and Scotch Ales, IPA's, Stouts, Brown Ales: not the american style, and several others. OpusXKC can tell ya about my beer and several others that are members of the board. Smokies Delight is a huge hit here. :thumbs:

My local hangout is Granite City here in KC. The place is a great brew pub. If you guys are ever in the KC area check it out. You can come by and meet The Mug Club Maffia.

Oh, and Peat's beer is kick @ss! Glad I got him started.

Granite City does have good brew, There is a Rock bottom here and Raccoon River brewing if for some reason any of you ever come to Des Moines that are Cigar friendly and have great brews :)

My local hangout is Granite City here in KC. The place is a great brew pub. If you guys are ever in the KC area check it out. You can come by and meet The Mug Club Maffia.

Oh, and Peat's beer is kick @ss! Glad I got him started.

I second the Granite City suggestion... got a growler of their Mai Bock in the fridge! :thumbs:

Any of you in the Detroit Metro area check out Kuhnhenn Brewing Company in Warren.

They've got some great beers there... especially their Rasberry Eisbock. It was number #2 overall behind the westy abt 12 on Beeradvocate for quite some time. (although its slipped down to 18 due to its price and availability) Their Java Stout is damn good, too.

Only problem with the place is they don't allow smoking at all. Still worth it for the beers.

The Old Dominion Brewpub in Ashburn Virginia (right down the street from my office :thumbs: ). link

The beer is fantastic and the food is great.
They brew an "Oak Barrel Stout" that is amazing. It has been kept in old oak bourbon barrels.
It is only available at the brewpub.

My favorite visit is the Real Ale Brewery in Blanco, TX. The place is run by a bunch of hippies that like to have a good time. They kinda give me inspiration to start my own brewery later in life.