• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Gin

Bombay Saphire, a little ice, a mist of Vermouth, and two garlic stuffed olives. :cool:

bombay.jpg

+

mwg36199.jpg

+

lime.jpg

=

:love:

Instant Stupid:
Tall Frosted Glass
3 oz Beefeaters
1 oz Roses Lime Juice
1 fresh squeezed lime (toss it in)
4 oz tonic water

Shake Gin, Roses, Ice, & Squeezed Lime vigorously, strain into tall glass (with fresh ice in it), fill with tonic water.. add dash of bitters.

Slurp rapidly. A 10-15% reduction in I.Q. per drink is average..

Tanqueray Ten is my favorite, but I just got a bottle of Hendrick's gifted to me . Its not going to displace the Ten, but it certainly makes for an interesting change of pace.

Bombay Saphire, a little ice, a mist of Vermouth, and two garlic stuffed olives. :cool:
...hell yes.... :thumbs:

Got a bottle of Sapphire in the freezer, for an "instant martini". Can't bring myself to mix Sapphire with tonic water, so when at the liquor store on Friday, I picked up a handle of "regular" Bombay and have been enjoying GnT's all weekend.

Tanqueray (sp?) is another very, very good Gin. Just seem to be running a little Bombay as of late....

Cheers - !! - B.B.S.

Plymouth and Hendrick's for me. The Tanq or Bombay can't hold a candle in my esteem, too citrusey. My tastes have changed since I started this thread last year. Ever since the Hendrick's and Plymouth, I can't go back to the others, not because they're bad, but because I'd just rather have the others for the price.

Just saw a promo at the local liquor store for Quintessential, never heard of it, it seemed to be flying the UK flag.

The wife and I are not big gin drinkers, but our guests and friends usually ask for Tanqueray, so that's what we keep in the cabinet........

Beefeater, Tanq-10, Bombay are the old stand-bys.
Boodles, Bellringer, and Gordons (which once won a blind gin taste-test that I conducted) are the "2nd string."

I recently discovered a gin called "Sarticious" that is distilled in Santa Cruz California. It is a very non-traditional gin with lots of crazy herbal notes and a pronounced sweetness.

I don't reach for it everything I'm mixing a G&T, but it is definitely worth trying if you are a gin fan:
http://www.sarticious.com/

I've also been looking to try the gin distilled by the Anchor Brewing guy out of San Francisco.

YOU HAVE TO TRY WET BY BEEFEATERS. It is hard to find. I get it at Beverages and more here in California.

It has to be my favorite but REALLY hard to find.

Alex

favorite gin is like asking about your favorite root canal....eeewww
i don't know how you guys drink it, but here's to ya'

Tanq 10 or Citadelle. A little hard to find, but damn tasty. More botanicals used than any other gins- I believe.

I was a saphire drinker exclusively in the past but have come across several Gins lately that will now have a spot in my liquor cabinet.

Junipero
Hendricks
No. 209

The Junipero I prefer for the Martini; the Hendrick's with Schweppes for the G&T. The 209 is very good in either but I can't find it locally so I drink it less often..

-Matt-

One of my favorite drinks is a Gin and Tonic. I actually prefer Beefeater. A lot of the other Gin's out there are a little to citrusy for me. I have enjoyed Hendricks as well.

Yep. Beefeater is my fav. I like gin dry, Tangueray is too sweet for me.

For martinis and strong gin drinks, I gravitate towards Bombay Sapphire.

For gin and tonics, it's Tanq all the way. Reason being is that I find Tanqueray has a nice citrus-like dimension to it...so if I'm ever short on limes, I can mix one up with Tanq and not even know the difference! :D