• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite inexpensive red wine?

I've tried coppola's claret, it pretty good around $12-14 I think, haven't tried the 03 yet though. I think it got thinner from 01 to 02. I'll have to look around for some of these others ( except for maybe the Boones :laugh: ). It's always nice to find a very drinkable wine without blowing $20 a pop. I just drank a nice 00 Poujeaux bordeaux this week that was excellent, but wasn't inexpensive either.
On another note, Meridian makes a really cheap Cabernet($7-10) that was decent in 97, 98, and 99 if you can still find it in those years. Check for the Mags of this from those years especially, they are surprisingly good. Hmmmm... grabbing a 99 right now ( not a mag though :p)..

Big fan of smoking loon, toasted head, and toad hollow wines, coppola is nice also, Another cheapie is Estancia.... hmmm Doghouse is great and beringer is an easy one to fall back on..

Cheers

Shooter

We had some Kenwood Merlot Reserve 2002 last night. Even I liked it. $13.

Bogel-all
smokeing loon-all
pepperwood-all
alice white-some
There are quite a bit of low price wines I am a fan of....I wont list them all.

We had some Kenwood Merlot Reserve 2002 last night. Even I liked it. $13.

My girlfriend works for Korbel, who also owns Kenwood and a few other wineries. The Kenwood Merlot Reserve '02 is good. When I was in Sonoma/Napa last year, we visited the Kenwood Winery, it was fun. Try their Pinot, very good.

Another wine you can get for around $10 is Copola. Give it a try.

Here's an interesting one I picked up for about $6, 2002 Delas Cotes-du -Ventoux. A lighter style french red wine with a lot of the earthyness qualities that I enjoy. Not very complex but quite drinkable on a Thursday night when I wasn't looking for something special to open.

:cool:

Ahh,speaking of French red for a cheap price,Parallel 44 is an awsome pick for a good wine.Smooth enough to have on it's own.I forgot the the name,Cotes De Rhone "Parallel 44" I believe, for where the vinyard sits in france.

md2020.jpg

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe, MD 20/20 is bottled by the 20/20 wine company in Westfield, New York. This is a good place to start for the street wine rookie, but beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark. MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called "Mad Dog 20/20". You'll find this beverage as often in a bum's nest as in the rock quarry where the high school kids sneak off to drink. This beverage is likely the most consumed by non-bums, but that doesn't stop any bums from drinking it! Our research indicates that MD 20/20 is the best of the bum wines at making you feel warm inside. Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain. Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster. Avaliable in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full "Red Grape Wine" flavor packs the 18% whallop.

Liquor stores are starting to be infiltrated by a 13% variety of MD 20/20 Red Grape. There is also a new "Blue Raspberry" flavor with "BLING BLING". Even the lowest functioning of bums will know not to get swindled out of 5%.

well, my Favorite wine under 10$ is a bargain bin markdown from 30$..

and any of em that aren't nasty work, I like bargains.

Right now, I am drinking a California Pinot Noir, Domaine Carneros 1999, 7$ (marked down from 28$) ..

and am thinking of a magnum of Merlot 2001 for 9.99..

Hey, i'm a tightwad, and I can blow 50$ on a half dozen bottles I've never heard of, and one or two will be NICE..

it's a cheap thrill to find a new taste that is better'n the price tag..

I just had a Malbec-Cab blend from High Altitude. I picked this up from Trader Joes for $7-8. This a good wine from Argentina. Has a great mouthfeel with good fruit and tannins.

Martin Ray Winery makes a red wine blend called RED that comes in a 1L bottle. It's good Sh..t!

I had another sub 10 wine last night. The 04 Perrins Rerserve. This is a great Rhone blend and drinks like a wine that would cost twice as much. This wine is produced by the family that produces the infamous Chateau Beaucastle CDP.

I'm a cheap bastidge, so I usually try to keep it <$10. I have been on a kick for the Rex Goliath Cab. lately, and folks that know more about wine than I do tell me it is a good value. There's many others, but I'm too drunk to remember them just now. More later if the brain cells survive.

J

I went to my fathers house recently and saw he had a case of shiraz on his rack. He is an avid wine drinker and has tried big $$ wines and cheap ones. He told me this was his new favorite. Only $5.00 a bottle. Ready??? Little Penguin Shiraz. It was pretty good wine, even though I'm no expert. The Merlot was good too.

My favorite inexpensive wine is Peju cabernet. I can routinely pick it up at my local wine merchant for ~$20.

An excellent wine.

:thumbs:

I'm a fan of Ino, a pretty good wine from Greece. The medium red is better (to me) than the dry but I prefer sweeter wine anyhow. $6-$8