• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite line of pipes?

My top 5 of 40+
1. Dunhill 249 F/T
2. Stanwell Churchwarden
3. Peterson system
4. Chacom 1/4 bend bulldog sand blast
5. Kirsten

n00n3r

I have two Brighams that I like but I don't smoke pipes anymore.

I need to update this thread as I now have 7 Don Carlos. Guess you can figure out what my fav is now. :laugh:

The member that was posting about cheap pipes try this link Frenchys. Great guy to deal with and his estate pipes come ready to smoke. I'v bought several from him with no complaints.

Picked up a Crown Viking that I'm loving!! And of course my Stanwell, too!!

Will be adding like 3 Meersham pipes to the collection so I can have a nice rotation of pipes soon.

I currently smoke a Erik Nording "Lord of the Rings" and meet Erik when he was down here in San Antonio. He signed my pipe and was very nice. Great pipe.

Lopaka said:
I currently smoke a Erik Nording "Lord of the Rings" and meet Erik when he was down here in San Antonio. He signed my pipe and was very nice. Great pipe.
[snapback]292820[/snapback]​

Oh, I'd love to see a pic!

Lopaka said:
[snapback]292820[/snapback]​

Post a picture!!!

As of now im smoking a Briar out of italy. first pipe ive owned, i picked it up at a head shop. thanks for the info up above though. will give somthing to look for when im crussen ebay for estate pipes. :D

What makes a pipe good for me is how dry and smooth it will smoke. I had started collecting some highline Matzhold pipes from a guy I found that after breaking in they smoked very wet, all four of the ones I had bought had that characteristic. I ended up selling them on Ebay becuase I didn't care for their smoking qualities.

I love my Castellos, Formers, Winslows and Barbis the best in my collection.

My dream pipe find is any unsmoked estate (previously owned) pipe thats 2 or 3 decades old and selling for a good price on ebay. As I understand it, the most expensive brands age the briar by any of several proprietary means. This cuts down on the bitterness that a new pipe can have. But if some guy has the pipe in his collection for a good while and dies, and his wife sells it on ebay, it can smoke just as nice as the expensive brand. But then you miss some of the aesthetic qualities you would get from a high-end pipe.

I recently purchased an estate churchwarden for about $50 that was about 30 years old, unsmoked. It is awesome!

i've an ancient dunhill straight stem, plain as an egg, that i dearly love.

i suppose i'll replace it, or get it repaired, the stem's cracked.

grumble. it's perfect, it's just cracked. ;)

yes, i like dunhill pipes, they work. if they stop working i'll try another sort.