• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Rye Whiskeys

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I’m about to go on a rye buying spree so please give me your favorite rye whiskeys which you think a rye noob needs to try
Thanks
Jon

If you can find it, Wild Turkey 101 Rye. For the past few years I can only find an 80 proof version that isn't even close.
If you find a bottle, by any chance, please LMK, Jon. :)

WT101 and Bulleit are both good and easy on the budget. Rittenhouse is also decently priced, good straight and as a mixer. Whistle Pig is pricey but worth it IMO. Sazerac and E.H. Taylor are also good sippers.

Doc seems to be the Rye guy. Bulliet Rye is the first and only Rye I’ve tried.
Scotch is still my drink of choice but rye is a wonderful thing, it's hard to screw up, and besides, I'm not interested in supporting Scotland's utopia. IMO, right now, and this could change, the best sub-fifty dollar rye is Jack Daniels single barrel. I also like Bulliet for mixing, Templeton, both four and six year olds and Whistle Pig,although it's more money than it's worth. It's probably a Woodchuck plot to separate flatlanders from their money.;) Vermont oak barrels are kind of funny. We're not exactly known for our oak trees.:rolleyes: But, you should try it, so you can say you have. BTW, it's not distilled in Vermont.
BTW, for your information a woodchuck is a native Vermonter and a whistle pig is a woodchuck. The rodent not the Vermonter.

Doc

Last edited:
Scotch is still my drink of choice but rye is a wonderful thing, it's hard to screw up, and besides, I'm not interested in supporting Scotland's utopia. IMO, right now, and this could change, the best sub-fifty dollar rye is Jack Daniels single barrel. I also like Bulliet for mixing, Templeton, both four and six year olds and Whistle Pig,although it's more money than it's worth. It's probably a Woodchuck plot to separate flatlanders from their money.;) Vermont oak barrels are kind of funny. We're not exactly known for our oak trees.:rolleyes: But, you should try it, so you can say you have. BTW, it's not distilled in Vermont.
BTW, for your information a woodchuck is a native Vermonter and a whistle pig is a woodchuck. The rodent not the Vermonter.

Doc
Astounding I never even thought to try a Jack Rye. Single barrel is now on the "oh, honey don't do that" list. The useful info you learn on this site! :)

Templeton is excellent IMO. I've also become very fond of High West Campfire and their Double rye. Not sure how i missed this thread until now because rye has become my go to. Angels Envy isn't Rye (they have one but its a unicorn) but it one of my other favorite's so its getting an honorable mention.

Umm. I drink it straight, there is a lot of flavors going on. There is two variety’s one is bad and one is great. I think the difference is the bad one had candies in it. That bottle is mine and it’s the good one

I drink a ton of rye...it's my favorite. I probably have at least 15 different bottles around. My favorites not necessarily in any order:

EH Taylor Rye
Angels Envy Rye
Sazerac Rye
Woodford Reserve Rye
Bulliet Rye
Whistlepig (all varieties)

I drink a ton of rye...it's my favorite. I probably have at least 15 different bottles around. My favorites not necessarily in any order:

EH Taylor Rye
Angels Envy Rye
Sazerac Rye
Woodford Reserve Rye
Bulliet Rye
Whistlepig (all varieties)

Do you find the Angels Envy Rye??