• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Scothch for the $

If you like the Balvenie 12 year old then you should try the Dalmore 12 year old. It's very similar, aged in sherry, and is about the best value in a single malt scotch that I have been able to find so far. At around $30 it won't break the bank and is very tasty.

My go to scotch is the Balvenie 12...love the stuff.

Macallan 18 is a bit over $100, but is freaking amazing, especially if you love the 12 (and I do as well).

Laphroaig 15 is yummers, and I'm not a huge fan of Islay.

Glenmorangie 12yr Portwood (now called Quinta Ruban I believe) is awesome.

You also need to check out Signatory. The Macallan unchill-filtered Signatory bottling is celestial.

Reading this thread made me pour a glass of Mac 12 for myself. I damn near lit up a smoke too. Rrrrr...

Macallan 18 is a bit over $100, but is freaking amazing, especially if you love the 12 (and I do as well).

Laphroaig 15 is yummers, and I'm not a huge fan of Islay.

Glenmorangie 12yr Portwood (now called Quinta Ruban I believe) is awesome.

You also need to check out Signatory. The Macallan unchill-filtered Signatory bottling is celestial.

Reading this thread made me pour a glass of Mac 12 for myself. I damn near lit up a smoke too. Rrrrr...
Andy , Why did you dig up a dead thread from almost 4 months ago? :sign:

Just picked up a bottle of MaCallan Cask Strength. Looks like my next purchase will be Talisker 18 (followed by Balvenie 12 Double Wood). My wife is going to kill me yet!

I was running a project in Montana and staying in the Radisson in Billings. Around the corner was the Montana Brewing Co. All they served was homebrew and singlemalt. So with boss in tow (he signs the exp reports) we went on a singlemalt journet.

Cannot remember the first (it was not rememberable)
Next was Macallan 12 step up
Next was Oban 14 (made us fell like we had been drinking toilet water previously)
Next was "Leapfrog 15" I am sure you understand which one we had (my god, what vile crap had we been drinking previously) Asked for another and they were out....

Glenfarclas 17 yr old! It felt like we had been drinking glass shards up to this point! Really, really smooth stuff!! When I got back home all I had was the receipt with "Glenfar" on it. Took it to a good store and they knew exactly what I wanted.