• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

F'ed Ex broke the Bubinga humidor.

Humidor Minister

Of course it couldn't be a blender or a toaster. It had to be the Bubinga humidor. I packed it tighter than a nats ass and they still managed to break it. Fortunately I can fix it. Provided it makes another trip across the country w/o any more damage. I'd like to thank Mike for his understanding and patience. I'll fix it the minute I get it. I'll have Bubinga hinges waiting and ready.:thumbs:

Of course it couldn't be a blender or a toaster. It had to be the Bubinga humidor. I packed it tighter than a nats ass and they still managed to break it. Fortunately I can fix it. Provided it makes another trip across the country w/o any more damage. I'd like to thank Mike for his understanding and patience. I'll fix it the minute I get it. I'll have Bubinga hinges waiting and ready.:thumbs:

I hope it was insured ??? and even when you have it insured, it is a pain in the ass to get you money back from them. Best of luck dealing with their claims department. :thumbs:

I'm not going to hang Mike up waiting for F'ed Ex to pick it up, do who knows what with it and so on. I'm having him get it back to me asap and I'll fix it right away. If we wait for them it could be weeks before I even get it to fix it. Not acceprable in my book. I wouldn't want that to happen to me so I don't want it to happen to anyone else. :thumbs:

Fed Ex is normally pretty good and I hate to hear that! I ship putters via USPS and I think lately they believe that the boxes should be used as hockey sticks to hit other little boxes around the floor!

I was crushed to see the broken hinges on my beautiful new humi. Bill has been great about the whole thing. I talked to him several times on the phone and im sending it back to AZ tomorrow morning, but not with Fed-Up as Bill called them. LOL. I know it will be better than new when it comes back. Thanks Bill. :)

Sorry to hear this, Bill (and Mike). I'm sure you'll have it fixed up in no time!

Best,

Rob

Bleh. Terrible to hear. Just shows that you can't ever be too careful with packaging.

I'm not going to hang Mike up waiting for F'ed Ex to pick it up, do who knows what with it and so on. I'm having him get it back to me asap and I'll fix it right away. If we wait for them it could be weeks before I even get it to fix it. Not acceprable in my book. I wouldn't want that to happen to me so I don't want it to happen to anyone else. :thumbs:

Hey no problem, just remember when you ship it back to me, use my new addy.. :D

113E50TK.gif

Do show.

I've tried to pull the pics from the e-mail from mike to no luck. Fortunately I already have new hinges made. They are typically very sturdy. It takes a pretty hard hit to break them. Because it's easier to make more than I need, I always make extras. I make a jig to place them so I'll just rout them out and put the new ones. The finish will take 4 to 5 days though to make them match.

Just a bit of first hand experience, Bill: Stay away from Fed-Ex if you can for shipping delicate things. My roommate used to work for them, and he would tell me horror stories daily of how the shipping and truck guys would throw the boxes around, and didn't really give a shit. Sorry this happened to you both :(

Fed Ex is normally pretty good and I hate to hear that! I ship putters via USPS and I think lately they believe that the boxes should be used as hockey sticks to hit other little boxes around the floor!

I used to work as a package handler for Fed Ex when I was in college. You have NO idea what happens to some pkges at times. :whistling:

Fed Ex is absolutely, positively the worst way to ship anything. They're a bunch of liars, thieves and irresponsible scumbags.

I have to ask though, why in the hell did you use them in the first place HumidorMinster? ???

Bummer. Curious though, was it FedEx Express or the FedEx Ground unit? Two different operations. FedEx Express is by far the best service available, however FedEx Ground is the worst.

It was F'ed Ex Ground. Don't worry GB I won't use them ever again. I should ship a box of dog crap to the center in Phoenix. Even my driver said they tear stuff up all the time. The post about the expanding shipping material is going to be a great help. I'm ordering some on monday. :thumbs: The humidor weighs about 15 lbs., who do you guys recommend as the safest shipper?

It was F'ed Ex Ground. Don't worry GB I won't use them ever again. I should ship a box of dog crap to the center in Phoenix. Even my driver said they tear stuff up all the time. The post about the expanding shipping material is going to be a great help. I'm ordering some on monday. :thumbs: The humidor weighs about 15 lbs., who do you guys recommend as the safest shipper?

I've yet to receive something that was broken by UPS, personally. Good old Post Office is also on a winning streak with me so far! :blush: