• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FedEx Stealth Delivery.....

regor1

I ordered a box last week from a vendor I had never ordered from. I received an e-mail from them to confirm the order. In a short time I received a second e-mail stating my order would be delayed due to an unexpected run on the item I ordered. No big deal, they said they would be shipped real soon. Today I was checking my e-mail and the vendor had sent me another e-mail telling me they had gotten notice that I received my shipment and checking to make sure it was ok. I checked older e-mails I had not checked the past few days, (working – too busy) and found that the order had been shipped FedEx a few days ago. I checked the order tracking and it said the package had been delivered to my garage around a ½ hour ago. I thought that was odd because I was home all day and my covered porch is right next to the garage and packages are always left on by porch. I checked and found no packages by the garage. I had my daughter check up and down the street to check if it went to the wrong house, no luck.
I contacted FedEx and they took my information and said someone would follow up and call me back. I also e-mailed the vendor and told them of the problem. Within one hour the vendor called my and stated they had never had a problem with FedEx and that they will follow up and ship me another package. I thought that was great service. As for FedEx, it’s been 5 hours and they have not contacted me.

I've had this problem multiple times. Usually it means the driver was behind on his route so they check off that the packages were delivered up to a day before they ever actually deliver them. It's shady and aggravates the hell out of me but as far as I know it's fairly common practice.

-Pat

I feel your pain. I always have the worst luck with FedEx. I will do anything possible to get around using them.

I've had this problem multiple times. Usually it means the driver was behind on his route so they check off that the packages were delivered up to a day before they ever actually deliver them. It's shady and aggravates the hell out of me but as far as I know it's fairly common practice.

-Pat

I've caught UPS doing the same thing. I've watched packages on their website show as 'on truck for delivery' in the morning and at 5pm all of a sudden it will show 'delivered' and still no package on my porch.

I ship a lot via fedex. Typically I ship something at least once a day and its always first a.m. delivery. Up until last week I have never had a problem with fedex. Heck, I had a fedex same day package shipped to me and it was delivered at 1am on Saturday night. Last weeks fubar was because of all the MD80 flight cancellations. I called and was advised that the flight was delayed between PA and NYC. The package was put on a truck for NYC per my request and was delivered by 4pm instead of 7am. It wasn't fedex's fault.

The key to calling fedex is to be polite, yet to the point. Tell them you'd like a message sent to the last known distribution office and would like a return call from them ASAP. They will call the driver and find out where it is.

I personally think fedex is the best carrier. However, I deal strictly in priority packages, no ground.

FedEx priority has never done me wrong. FedEx Ground can never get it right. I would stay away from FedEx Ground if you can.

EDIT: Any update on your lost package?

I have had the same problem with Fedex Ground. I have had Fedex tell me they couldnt find my house several times in the past, even though I lived at the same previous address for 11 yrs....I always ask before ordering stogies or anythng else, what the shipping options are...I try to choose anythig but Fedex..

I should have up-dated this sooner. Sorry. On Sunday I went out to dinner, was gone around an hour and a half. Returned to find a FedEx box in my porch. I thought maybe a neighbor received the package and left it on my porch. I also thought if that was the case FedEx would call me to check on the status of my claim. FedEx never called to follow up as they said they would. I did inform the vendor so they did not reship. The info on the FedEx track site never changed as to the delivery info.....

Fedex is nothing but problems for the cigars I have ordered. Twice in a row, the internet tracking said my packages were delivered and they werent. Each time I called Fedex they said they would call me back yet they never did. On top of it, the second time they shipped it to a house down the street. I will not use Fedex ever again unless its required

The only times I receive anything shipped FedEx I give my business address. They've never screwed up a business delivery for me.

Anyone ever have a problem with a business address?

The only times I receive anything shipped FedEx I give my business address. They've never screwed up a business delivery for me.

Anyone ever have a problem with a business address?

I think that goes back to FedEx Priority (Red/Orange Trucks) versus FedEx Ground (Green Trucks). They aren't actually the same company but semi-independent of each other. FedEx Ground has a lot of problems with getting things delivered on time. I have seen them frequently do what PGK does extremely often. FedEx Priority is a lot better and a lot more reliable. Sure, they have problems every once in a while, but all-in-all, they are reliable. You've probably gotten lucky enough that all the times you've had something shipped to you by FedEx, it was done by FedEx Priority.