• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

feral pig tunnelling. Common?

pak1351

Bought a box of these because I've really enjoyed these smokes, and three of the six I've smoked thus far in the box have had tunneling issues. Major ones, the first 1-2 inches are utterly unsmokable.
IMG_0002.jpg

is this a common issue or just a bad batch? I had two outside my box and they didnt have this issue, but I'm bummed that it's a 50% hit/miss on a $16 stick

edit: rh is and has always been in the 60-65% range in my humidor, no issues with any other sticks

Try shooting JD (Jonathan Drew) a PM on here. Maybe you just got a batch of bad sticks. He might be able to help you out a bit.

Likely too much humidity. Dry dry boxing one for a few days and see what happens. If that does not help contract JD.

I've smoked 2+ boxes of these, not a single problem. Maybe the wrapper RH is a little too high. For what it's worth, I smoke my Liga Privadas like my Cubans, lower RH 61-62%. Give that a try, see if it helps.

Best of luck,

WKOTI

Noted CJ...I would hate for mines to have a problem!

Hope you have better luck with your next ones Pak

Slow down on that golf cart that should fix it...lol

I have not had a problem with the couple I had.

Pak1351.

Right here bro. Lets get this issue covered. Please contact John Brooke at the following email jbrooke@drewestate.com and cc me on the matter drewnica@yahoo.com

Please mention to John that I asked you to ship us back the remaining sticks to the office, Attention John Brooke. Please make sure to additionally place an index card or piece of paper that has your info, including email - in side the box. Even write on the box with a sharpie your name and email, as everything helps.

Either way, don't worry. We will send you a replacement box and pay shipping both ways. Sorry for the let down. Next box will make up for it.

Best,
JD

And this is why I buy a lot of JD's sticks. Customer service second to NONE!

Wow... Now that is what I call taking care of your customers !

JD has the best customer service I've seen in a long time.

This is one of the reasons why I'm a Drew Estates fan... besides the fact that JD makes some great cigars!

Outstanding. This is the kind of attention to customer service that keeps Drew Estate at the top. Very cool of you JD. :)

What "Premium" means to me:

This is the customer service that Pak deserves. I only hope that I can keep attending to all of your needs at this pace. It is so important to me and the guys at DE that we always remember what "PREMIUM" really means.

As I have mentioned before, "Premium" is a state of mind as much as a state of quality. To be a truly Premium shop, you MUST offer a truly premium customer service to warranty your work. How many times do you see the word "premium" used in this business or others, and say to yourself. "Damn, Self .... xyz".

Anyway, customer service is not a two week thing or one quarter experiment with some downtime on your hands, its about consistency. Same rule as Premium. You have to stand behind it for the duration to carry the badge of premium in my opinion. You have to do your best and really give a shit. Counting your money while others have spent theirs and feel dissatisfied is simply wrong in my world.

And I am thankful that you guys recognize our efforts. Big props back at ya.

And finally, I am going to ask a service of each of you: Please download the Drew Estate free App for iPhone, iPad, and Droid. Secondly, please come to my Jonathan Drew Facebook PAGE and hit "Like" (Not my personal Jonathan Drew FB profile). If it doesn't have the "LIKE" button, then you went to the wrong one.

Thanks,
JDizze
www.cigarsafari.com

Done and done, very happy to see the Droid app up and going!