• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FFOX Love Affaire

louich

The evil snowman
First of all I would like give a warm thank you to CJ who gave me this curious little cigar (while helping me ship something can you believe!)

So here we go !

Fuente Fuente Opus X Love Affair 2010

20120826_171748.jpg

Construction :

I found this cigar to be what is to be expected from FFOX. Very firm to the touch little to no veins on the wrapper and a bit oily.

The only 'bad' thing I found to say is there was a bit of glue on the head and the band looks freaking big compared to the size.

Overall 9/10

Pre lit smell was a very faint wood smell. I cut the head and proceeded to take a draw. While a bit tight I tasted the wood I picked up before mixed with and tobacco notes.

1st third

All in subtleness I got a sweet faint wood topped with leather. The draw was still tight at first I tought it was because of the compactness of the stick (a guy gets used to plugged maduro 5 secretos I guess ). After a few puff I decided recut the head and it was a very wise move. Next puff came in with a perfect draw and all the sweetnes and flavors tasted before came in clear now.
The tobacco notes dissapeard and deep, sweet, woody and leathery notes came in very pleseantly.

2nd third

The flavors tasted earlier just jumped after getting passed the 2nd mark. The flavor level was clearly more complete now and the woody finish got more dominant. Everything was as advertised and very nice smoke.

As the smoke progressed the sweetness faded away and some peper got in (from the nictotine I suppose) nice change of pace.

3rd third

The taste transitionned to heavy torrefied wood topped with the peperry/nicotine that came in earlier. As the smoke progess the nictonie subsided and the sweetnes came back a bit.

20120826_175038.jpg

The smoke was so good I nubed the cigat to the point I could not take a draw with my finger (seems like I'll have to find a nub tool lol).

As I proceeded burning my fingers I had a last taste at the torrefied wood.

20120826_181523.jpg

To conclude this is by far the best Opus experience I have had yet. Thanks CJ for giving me the chance to smoke this I had a winderful time smoking it and writing up my 2nd review!

I agree with Paul, great pictures!

Nice write up, nice to see it didn't go to waste!

Great pics and review. I agree that this is one f the best sizes that you can get in the FFOX line. IMO the best sizes offered in this line are the smaller sizes like the love affair, the XXX and the pussy cat. Thanks again for the great review.

Nice review, that is one stick that is on my list...

I agree with Paul, great pictures!

Nice write up, nice to see it didn't go to waste!

I only have a few rules in life: never let a great gift go to waste !

Thanks for the good words fellas !

Now I might have to break into my stash of these and have one this weekend. Nice Review.

Have three more of those resting in the humi that CheifMD tracked down for me. Great smoke.

No sir, I smoked yours the next day. I bought a couple more and shared it with a fine BoTL!