• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally found a B&M worth visiting...

WyoSmoke

Finally, after almost a year of smoking cigars on a regular basis, I found a B&M that is not too far away (about an hour and a half) that has a great selection of sticks. First store I have ever visited that had an excellent selection of Fuente. This selection included but wasn't limited to Opus X of many sizes as well as the collector tins and a few full boxes of Opus on the top shelf. Many other great sticks are located here as well, but just the selection of Opus alone amazed me although it did not include the Power Rangers :(. Lots of other goodies in there as well like LFDs Ligero Perfecto Fiver with the two unbanded blends. Good Selection of Olivas. Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll stop.

Mike

BTW If you want to check this place out it is Stogies in Billings, MT. Great store, good knowledge, friendly people... worth visiting the whole way.

Edited for Spelling

Good B&M's are a good find for sure. We are spoiled here in SoCal.
I admire your dedication to the sport to drive 90 minutes.
Glad you found one.
Maybe you could open one in your town? :D

Good B&M's are a good find for sure. We are spoiled here in SoCal.
I admire your dedication to the sport to drive 90 minutes.
Glad you found one.
Maybe you could open one in your town? :D

I have actually thought of this, but the two locals that are currently selling cigars I don't believe are doing well enough off them to be able to open a new store. The cigar market here is very shallow if you will and there are two shops that are already established in whatever small market there is here. Stogies in Billings, MT is a very good shop, there is also Tobacco Row in Billings, again a good selection but nothing really spectacular to speak of. There is also a great B&M in Rapid City, SD, can't remember the name of this one as it is 4 hours from here, but return visits to it as well are very warranted. It seems that for the most part I am going to have begin making more purchases online than what I would like to get the sticks I want. Still have yet to find a B&M that carries Tats... :(. Anyway, a great idea and if I do some more research and find a niche in the market in the area then it will definitely be worth looking into.

Mike

Edited for spelling and grammar

Mike, congrats on the B&M find. I figured you'd be in a similar boat to me here in the UK, in that I have to get almost all of my non Cubans online.

Do you Sheridan folks head up that way often? When I was growing up every few weeks a trip into Laramie (60 miles) or Casper (90 miles) was essential-- even more so now for my folks since the town grocery store went T/U in '99. But we still have 3 bars for 250 people...

Mike, congrats on the B&M find. I figured you'd be in a similar boat to me here in the UK, in that I have to get almost all of my non Cubans online.

Do you Sheridan folks head up that way often? When I was growing up every few weeks a trip into Laramie (60 miles) or Casper (90 miles) was essential-- even more so now for my folks since the town grocery store went T/U in '99. But we still have 3 bars for 250 people...

Sheridan is pretty well stocked with the essentials, but we travel to Billings for variety and just to take a day or two off on the weekend because of the availability of entertainment which Sheridan is very hit and miss on. Casper is about 2-3 hours from us, so a trip there vs Billings being about an hour and a half usually makes Billings the better choice for us.

Finally, after almost a year of smoking cigars on a regular basis, I found a B&M that is not too far away (about an hour and a half) that has a great selection of sticks. First store I have ever visited that had an excellent selection of Fuente. This selection included but wasn't limited to Opus X of many sizes as well as the collector tins and a few full boxes of Opus on the top shelf. Many other great sticks are located here as well, but just the selection of Opus alone amazed me although it did not include the Power Rangers :(. Lots of other goodies in there as well like LFDs Ligero Perfecto Fiver with the two unbanded blends. Good Selection of Olivas. Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll stop.

Mike

BTW If you wnat to check this place out it is Stogies in Billings, MT. Great store, good knowledge, friendly people... worth visiting the whole way.

Yeah, that's a pretty nice shop, though the damn taxes in this state make my purchases almost exclusively online. I do stop in and pick up a couple singles usually when I'm down that way though.

Mike

BTW If you wnat to check this place out it is Stogies in Billings, MT. Great store, good knowledge, friendly people... worth visiting the whole way.

Yeah, that's a pretty nice shop, though the damn taxes in this state make my purchases almost exclusively online. I do stop in and pick up a couple singles usually when I'm down that way though.

I meant to ask Pam while I was in there if they ever held any events/HERFs but completely forgot about it while I was there. What area of MT are you in? Any Events/HERFs that you know of?? Really would like to get involved with something but never seem to be able to find any info unless its on major ones or in other areas.

Mike

I'm in Helena, and I've never heard of any events around here unfortunately. Next time I'm at my mom's (Colstrip), maybe I'll drive down and we can HERF.

I'm in Helena, and I've never heard of any events around here unfortunately. Next time I'm at my mom's (Colstrip), maybe I'll drive down and we can HERF.

Sounds like a plan. Would be good to be in the company of others that endulge in fine leaf.

Indeed there are... Some very friendly local bars out in Ranchester (Where I actually Live) and Dayton that do not frown upon cigar smoking. There is also the P.O. News on Main St in Sheridan that allows Cigar, Pipe, Hooka smoking on Thursday and Friday nights from 4-8pm during what they refer to as "King's Hours" also the only decent, although small, selection of smokes in the area. Anytime you travel down this way, please, feel free to let me know and we can get together for a smoke. A few days'/week notice would be great so that I can be sure that my schedule is clear for whatever date and that I am not on call for work. Great to hear back from you!!

Mike