• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally got the girlfriend to smoke with me!

hojadepuro

eschew obfuscation
Well my g/f really doesnt appreciate the way I smell after I finish a cigar so she will never hang out with me while I smoke. Last night I finally convinced her that it was a nice evening and I would order pizza for her :whistling: if we could sit outside and smoke. She unconceivably agreed to my proposition!!

I decided I better not burn anything too expensive since she might order me to put it out at any moment if the smoke got too bad, so I went with the ever-faithful Don Thomas maduro. For 3 bucks these are hard to beat, except for the padron K line. These sticks are always oily and very well made. I have always had a great draw and a perfect burn on the DTs.

This one was no exception. From the start it had a great flavor and perfect burn all the way down. They are considered a full bodied cigar even though they dont pack a lot of kick, but it is enough to know that you are smoking for sure. I got to smoke it all the way down since the pizza arived just in time to keep the g/f quiet. :p

I was very impressed, I guess I am going to have to keep her around now! She is a keeper! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Here are a few pics:

Bo, the dog, decided to take a hit and passed out in the last picture! :sign:

Brandon

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3240/dtbrandon9es.jpg

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/7185/blwosmoke9fw.jpg

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8396/dtamy9zz.jpg

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5954/dtbo2rb.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4166/boout1uk.jpg

I was pretty impressed with the couple Don Tomas Maduro's I've had so far. With the price, I think they're hard to beat.

My fiancee and I have had a few cigars together...the most recent one she had was an Opus #4. She absolutely loved it...but it whooped her pretty good! :p

Looks like you two kids had a good time. I still need to try a Don Tomas. Thanks for the post and the pics.

I've gotten my girlfriend to have a cigar with me on several occasions. Her frst cigar experience was a Playboy. She wasn't too impressed. Being the trooper that she is, she smoked a Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Belicoso #11 on Valentine's Day and rather enjoyed it. I have another one in the humi for her whenever she finds the time to smoke it.

How much begging did it take to get Amy to even hold the cigar? :sign:

Nick

We're both lucky men, Brandon!

I've will have been married to my best friend for 20 years this August. I naively purchased the Thompson $40 humi/dog rocket/lighter combo, I lit the first cigar in the house. Outside I go! Shortly after that, even I figured out the cigars were crap, then the lighter quit. I made then made my first pilgrimage to one local B&M and asked for advice and something a little better quality. I bought a couple of Macanudos on advice, no idea which. She came out on the porch and remarked that this one wasn't bad. I've been inside ever since, careful WHAT I smoke around her. She even bombed me with a 100 stick humi and a torch that worked. God, I love that woman! She is anxious to meet those of you able to make the Vegas HERF.

NullSmurf said:
We're both lucky men, Brandon!

I've will have been married to my best friend for 20 years this August. I naively purchased the Thompson $40 humi/dog rocket/lighter combo, I lit the first cigar in the house. Outside I go! Shortly after that, even I figured out the cigars were crap, then the lighter quit. I made then made my first pilgrimage to one local B&M and asked for advice and something a little better quality. I bought a couple of Macanudos on advice, no idea which. She came out on the porch and remarked that this one wasn't bad. I've been inside ever since, careful WHAT I smoke around her. She even bombed me with a 100 stick humi and a torch that worked. God, I love that woman! She is anxious to meet those of you able to make the Vegas HERF.
[snapback]299124[/snapback]​

sounds like heaven!! I am extremely jealous to say the least. She did buy me a couple hemingways and Don Carlos's (I never know how to make "s" plural) for my birthday last year so I think she is on the right track. I might try to get her on some macs some day... :thumbs:

Brandon

I am lucky my fiancee likes cigars, the problem is she likes expensive cigars... I guess I'll always have the cop out, "Well, I knew you loved the PAM 64, so I had to buy a box of 1926's just to see if it sat right with you :)"

I just smoked the DT Clasico and Maduro. Not to bad and way better than this other DT cigar I had. These was from the RTDA 2005 show. I'm going to miss them.

Hopefully my woman decides to smoke at the Vegas Herf and not embarress me by not smoking!! :0

All it took was Pizza? Mary that woman.

Doc.

Yeah she is great! She has smoked 4-5 times with me since and she loves hanging out with me. She says she will try one sometime, then I know she will be hooked. <thinking moontrance?> :laugh: Anyway, I thought it would be a struggle getting her to hang out with me smoking, but she absolutely loves it now. I might as well marry her I guess. :) She put up with me last night through 2 rather lengthy smokes.

Brandon

I smoked half of one of these tonight and I have to say, I was expecting a dog rocket. It was not what I considered dog rocket but what I consider a yard gar. And not a bad yard gar. It wasn't really to my taste (a bit ashy if you will) but not too bad. I would probably have another one. I broke it open half way through expecting short filler but to my amazement, it was all long filler. Hmm, maybe some of you guys are too hard on the ol' DT. At least for 2 bucks a stick, you can't expect much more than that.

You're lucky. I'm still trying to get mine to stop nagging me everytime I have a stogie. :angry:

I am an old married man, but I still remember what I pestered my girls friends to try, and it wasn't sticking a ceegar in their mouth.

Reminds me of a joke:

Why does the bride allways have such a large smile on her face when she walks down the aisle?

Because she knows that she no longer has to give b___ jobs.

That's right Blade, great advice for the young'uns here looking to get hitched!!
Also, it's a well known fact among married men that eating, looking at or even smelling "her own" wedding cake kills a womans sex drive.

That's right Blade, great advice for the young'uns here looking to get hitched!!
Also, it's a well known fact among married men that eating, looking at or even smelling "her own" wedding cake kills a womans sex drive.
:( ??? , really? Well, then no wedding cake. :angry: