• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally got to try one

Lemon

Reaction score
I got lucky yesterday when we went on a daytrip to Estonia. I can sometimes find much nicer whiskeys over there, but now it looks like they're way ahead of Finland when it comes to cigars too. They had a very nice shop in the capital, that is Tallinn, with a walk-in humidor and a nice lounge to smoke cigars in. When I walked in, I immediately recognized the PAM's, I've seen so many pictures of them. It's actually pretty funny how I reacted when I saw them. I thought maybe if I don't smoke one now, I'll never get to. Got me all nervous. I had to try one :)

I guess I had very high expectations, and they were all reached. It felt a bit like that one OpusX I had, silky. The draw was perfect (made me realize that some earlier cigars had, perhaps, too easy a draw). Again, no surprise. The taste is still so hard for me to define, but it was simply great. Now I know what all the talk is about, and the PAM has deserved it imo. Next time I go to Estonia, I'll definately visit the same shop.

On a sidenote, on the boattrip I had a Carlos Torano 1916 Robusto, which was nice too. It had no problems burning and was very tasty. Good cigars like these made me realize I really should be more active at CP, I have so much more to learn :)

I, too, smoked a PAM '64 for the first time last Saturday night at our big herf in Cleveland. I found it would easily become a new regular for my smoking pleasure. In the next night or two, I'll be sitting down with a Padron '26, which opusXfiles tells me may just replace my love for regularly purchasing the Rocky Patel Vintage '90s--a favorite of mine for about a year now. Maybe ... the price of the Rockys keep them so attractive as an easy-to-get smoke on weeks when the purse strings are a little tight. So far, they've never let me down (except when I forgot I had put one in my glove box after my girlfriend gave me two of them, in the middle of the winter, and it froze stiff ... I have never told her; she thinks I smoked it). ???

I have a few of them sitting in my humi, tempting me tempting me to smoke them all in one sitting....but i must be strong, must savor these fine sticks.

Don't wait. Smoke them and stock up on some more to replenish the stash - that's what I do and it works out great. :cool:

Lemon said:
I've smoked all three cigars in your sig-pic mrjingles... :love:
[snapback]179916[/snapback]​

:thumbs: I have a desktop humidor that I started out with before I got my Barrister bookcase humidor. The desktop is exclusively for those three cigars (and any other Fuentes I have). Unfortunately, it's now full (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it). :p

mrjinglesusa said:
Don't wait. Smoke them and stock up on some more to replenish the stash - that's what I do and it works out great. :cool:
[snapback]179823[/snapback]​

I agree. They don't do you any good if you don't smoke'em. The nice thing about CP is if you smoke all of yours and can't find them locally, someone on the board can. Enjoy.

I agree. They don't do you any good if you don't smoke'em. The nice thing about CP is if you smoke all of yours and can't find them locally, someone on the board can. Enjoy.

good point, I shall enjoy my first one while cleaning the boat this weekend