• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally I think I got my computer fixed...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Well, most wouldnt know but last year I decided to buy parts for my new computer and build it. Its a AMD 64 3500. Needless to say, it would reboot on me alot. I put in 2 gig memory and updated all the drivers. The whole 9 yards. So I said screw it and really started doing a search about it. I put in pc3200 Kingston memory but it turns out the guy I bought the 1 gig from isnt accepted by my board so I'm limited to 1 gig for now. But the good news it, it doesnt reboot now. So finally at last I have my new system stable and the screamer up and running. So in celebration I'm smoking a isom to its honor and breaking in the new system in style. :love:

Nice, I built my own computer for use as an HTPC last March. I paid extra for the CPU to be installed on the motherboard and tested before it shipped. Of course, it didn't work when it got here (so what did I have it tested for?). It was a much easier project than I thought it would be.

That is nice to hear. I can't believe that it was something that small...wait...yes I can :D . At least the investment is finally paying off.

A house ain't a home widout winders. LOL!!

Congrats on attaining Operational Capability :thumbs:

Now don't omit that other dreaded function ---BACK UP all of those files.....
I just went through 4 days of a living nightmare when my OS got corrupted and I thought I would have to spend weeks reentering all that data that I never took time to back up....but the computer gods were kind..the IT guys restored the system and all my files were safe ---- but now building in back up time into my day is a requirement.

I have my old computer sitting on my Kegerator with the hard drives in there if something happens. It runs so fast that I have to get accustomed to this beast. Blows my poor P4 out of the water, but its still a good stand by which will be back up as the funds become available. Now I can be happy with this system which caused a few headaches for awhile.