• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FINALLY

Lkyman

Sobrrrrrr
yanikpipe-vi.jpg

After lots of searching - I found a great deal on this one. Holding it feels comfortable - which was recommended to me I chech out the feel of the pipe in hand. I'm diggin' it.
Now I seek the advice of you fellas to direct me towards your tabacco's of choice. I have lots to learn in this arena. So what are the finer things in life to enjoy?

Scott

Pipe tobacco is way different than cigars. So in reality its not as easy to pin point what one will like or what one won't like till you try the tobacco. Each blend and each different tobacco offers a different experience to the pipe smoker. One good way to get your feet wet is to goto a B&M shop and try their house blends. Why I say this you might ask. Because is so much cheaper this route. One ounce of a house blend will generally be in the price range of $1.50 to $2.50 an ounce versus 1 tin of tobacco which is generally 50 grams for any where between $6.00 to $13 a tin. Granted the house blends isn't the top end of pipe tobacco, but you will learn from many different types in what you like and don't like.

Examples of tin tobacco or bag that I really enjoy are the following:

1.) Da Vinci made by CAO aka Dan Tobacco. Its a white label round can
2.) Mac Baren's navy Flake
3.) Peterson's University Flake
4.) Dunhill Light Flake
5.) Mac Baren's Dark Twist Roll Cake
6.) Mac Baren's Plum Cake
7.) Amazon : pipe tobacco that has a serious kick and not for amateurs as it comes in at a light 7% Nicotine

This is just a short sample list of some of my favorite pipe tobacco's in a tin.

And btw, that is a nice looking pipe. :thumbs:

Scott that is a beauty! Enjoy it, I haven't smoked a pipe in ages but remember it fondly.

you are gonna make me buy a pipe now Scott!!!

It is all oyur fault!!!

Somebody who smokes pipe alot said the house blend at tobacco leafe was really good.

Scott...nice pipe! Now, just go to your local B&M (assuming they sell pipe tobacco) and try a few different types until you decide what you like. An experienced pipe smoker of 50 years helped me make the transition when I decided to try a pipe. Truly helpful!! What ever you do, just make sure you enjoy it. :thumbs:

Floyd T.

Thanks fellas, ordering the 6 sample and checking out my local shop. Appreciate the help.

I LOVE that pipe! It's one of the best looking Meers that I've seen. Good choice!