• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finaly, after all these years

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
I was a part of this. I was a Psychiatric tech during a part of the Viet Nam war. We called them character disorders.God, how I hated that diagnosis. I've carried this guilt around for a long time. Until today, I could never forgive myself. It's about fuggin' time. I just needed to share it with someone.

My link

Doc

Thanks for the link. It is about time.
I don't know what I can say other than thank you for your service Sir.
You are ok in my book.

Doc, was it considered weakness then? Or did they just not know enough about it that letters weren't sent?

They still called them character disorders when I got out in '08. I knew a few guys that were discharged because of it. Good to hear they are starting to understand it some.

Doc, you've always been a man of character. You do your best with whatever you've got to work with, and that's what you've always done. I'm even more proud to call you brother.

War destroys so many things, at so many levels. Good to see something moving in the right direction.

Doc thanks for the link. Unfortunately the military is always behind in terms of treatment, diagnosis and reporting of these issues. Our service members deserve better treatment and their families and general public should know the hardships they endure.

To all who have served and are serving, thank you for the sacrifices you have and are enduring in order for us to enjoy our daily freedoms.

One right step forward and many more to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH4-tOqLH94

Thanks for sharing this with us, Doc. Sometimes we need a reminder of how 'human' we are.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Doc.

It's a cold reminder of the level of strain that our service members are under, for many reasons. God bless them, and I hope that this spurs the right people into pushing for more intervention and treatment for these souls.

Read this on CNN. Thanks for sharing. It is about damn time.

Reading about the missing name on the Ft. Hood memorial is sickening.

Thank you for sharing this Doc. All service men and women deserve the utmost respect, recognition and dignity. May the burden be lifted from your shoulders, from those that suffered along with you and from the families who score a victory today.

Doc, you are a gentleman of the highest order in my book. Hope you're able to put this to rest.

That's some tough stuff and a hell of a lot of weight to bear, Doc. I'm glad you're laying some of that load down. I think the statement at the end sums it up perfectly:

"It is time for us, as a nation, to honor all those who die while serving honorably," TAPS said in a statement. "Every military family sacrifices when a loved one serves in the Armed Forces" and deaths among troops are "painful to their surviving family members, regardless of the circumstances or location of the death."

- Tim

Doc,

You hAve held my respect from my first days here. You always dealt in truth, respect, and candour. Service often demands more than we think we able to endure, yet we find a way. We shoulder the crosses we are given as best we can.

From what I see from you and your actions on this forum, I feel confident in the thought that your actions in the line of duty were just as honourable.

Take this chance to lay your crosses aside....

V/R

Tim