• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Find my self smoking Opus exclusively

LouieNY

Wine Lover
Getting mighty expensive, i should have listened to my old man. He told me save the good ones for semi special occasions. Tonights occasion is watching hockey and drinking Jameson 12 :laugh:

wasch_24 said:
You might as well go to the darkside...it's cheaper.
[snapback]240745[/snapback]​

Depends -- Cohibas are more than Opus... both are worth the cost, IMHO. Nothing else tastes like a Cuban Cohiba, and nothing else tastes like an Opus...

But nothing tastes like a cuban punch... or cuban partagas. What's your point? :)

Smoking only Opus X??? Hope you have deeeeeeeep pockets!!

-Fetter

Will you donate a few Opus's to a poor college boy? :p

-Zach

I loooove OpusX! And I have a nice stock of them too. :D

But I also like having the variety of smoking other cigars. OpusX have a great tasting distinctive flavor to them, but I'd be worried about monotony setting in. It's the same with anything -- wine, beer, food. I have a favorite Shiraz, but I don't drink it exclusively. I have a favorite local burger joint, but sometimes you just have to have a fast foot burger.

I keep OpusX in my stable of cigar choices, but mixing them up with ISOMs, Anejos, etc. keeps them fresh and enjoyable to my palate.

Is too much of one good thing (even an OpusX) still too much?

icyo said:
I keep OpusX in my stable of cigar choices, but mixing them up with ISOMs, Anejos, etc. keeps them fresh and enjoyable to my palate.

Is too much of one good thing (even an OpusX) still too much?
[snapback]240757[/snapback]​

I agree. Part of the fun of cigars is the variety of tastes available. If I smoked only <insert brand here> I'd get bored rather quickly.

Well i have a very well rounded stock of smokes, including ISOMs.....but i find when i reach in the humi its the opus I'm going for 1st. I need to stop this

vewyphishy said:
But nothing tastes like a cuban punch... or cuban partagas. What's your point? :)
[snapback]240748[/snapback]​

My point is I don't like either of those :)

fetterjohn said:
Smoking only Opus X??? Hope you have deeeeeeeep pockets!!

-Fetter
[snapback]240753[/snapback]​

OR VERY good sources!

Lumberg said:
fetterjohn said:
Smoking only Opus X???  Hope you have deeeeeeeep pockets!!

-Fetter
[snapback]240753[/snapback]​

OR VERY good sources!
[snapback]240785[/snapback]​

True...very true.

-Fetter

I also like Opus very much but would be very bored smoking one a day. I love variety in my rotation and therefore have over 40 different cigars that I smoke on a regular basis.

Here is an example of a very focused collection, devoid of brand diversity:

CohibaNut.jpg

Clockwise from rear left: Siglo IV, Club, Club, Siglo IV, (front left) Siglo VI, Panatella, and Robusto.

CohibaNut2.jpg

Clockwise from rear left: Coronas Especiales, Esplendidos, Siglo IV, Robusto, (front left) Coronas Especiales, Siglo I, and Siglo II.

Hey MMM ... do I spy a maduro weasel hiding among the Cohiba panatelas in the top drawer - left side? ???

Nice assortment BTW ...

tedski said:
Hey MMM ... do I spy a maduro weasel hiding among the Cohiba panatelas in the top left had drawer?  ???

Nice assortment BTW ...
[snapback]240877[/snapback]​

That is not my collection. :thumbs: I prefer more diversity.

That collection is a member's from another forum, who shall remain anonymous. I would guess he gets enough publicity as it is...

Hey MMM what is the deal with the panatellas with no band, I thought all the cohibas come with bands, am I wrong there? Are they from a cab of 50? or are they something special?

bigmac said:
Hey MMM what is the deal with the panatellas with no band, I thought all the cohibas come with bands, am I wrong there? Are they from a cab of 50? or are they something special?
[snapback]240882[/snapback]​

Not all Cohibas are shippedwith bands ... ;) :whistling:

LouieNY said:
Getting mighty expensive, i should have listened to my old man. He told me save the good ones for semi special occasions. Tonights occasion is watching hockey and drinking Jameson 12 :laugh:
[snapback]240741[/snapback]​

Might I ask who you were watching?