• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finding an actual humidor...

slevy007

The Broke Smoker & 2006 Ash Standing Champion!
Hey boys and girls,

So I havent used an actual humidor in like forever... I have been rocking coolers since 2005 LOL But now two good friends of mine is looking to get a decent/good humidor and asked for my help.. Both are generally looking to have a fair amount of storage space.. idk up to 100-150 sticks; one friend would lean toward the larger size humi. Now i was wondering about any recommendations... Last time I bought an actual humi, it was from cheaphumidors.com and it was fair. They are not looking to spend a massive ton of money, and it also doesnt have to be insanely elaborate.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

I was going to say cheaphumidor as well and my buddy just got this and loves it!

Paul

and they seal well enough? I remember getting a cheap starter from them, and it was meh... then I got a footlocker humi from them and it was better.. great, IDK

he just finished seasoning it and all seems great plus its a Quality Humidors piece that has a Sure Seal!

Hey cqb, I have a 300 count San Marco I'll sell for $100 (shipping extra) if he is interested. LMK. Almost new and clean. Will take payment in cigars of my choosing.

I have a desktop humifdor from Cheap Humidors that works well for the price.

I have had this humi (http://www.cigarsint...m=M-VG05&cat=10) since March and am very happy with it. Holds humidity very well and the drawers make it easier to organize my sticks. Just another option.

What are you using to humidify it?
No leakage throug the glass?

Steve

Hey cqb, I have a 300 count San Marco I'll sell for $100 (shipping extra) if he is interested. LMK. Almost new and clean. Will take payment in cigars of my choosing.

Hmm.. but what would NY shipping be you think?

Steve stay away from anything with glass as a desktop. Sooner or later you'll have a problem. If you want to spend a few bills, a Diamond Crown humidor is hard to beat for fit and finish!

I second the glass thing, its not if but when you'll have issues

I have 3 wooden desktops I've bought through Cbid and I got a great price on each of them too. Everyone else wanted to ship via UPS or FedEx, but Cbid used the USPS.
They all seal very well and I haven't had any problems since '07. I can't find the pic of the 300 count I bought but these are the other 2. As you can see, they range the gamut of quality and workmanship.

African wood zebrano

176-404-thickbox.jpg

Run of the mill 5 Vegas 100-ct.

6318-38.jpg

Tell them to have fun choosing the style and design, Steve.

I have Lucky 7 humidors from Thompsons and since I got mine in 2007 (I think) it has not only been fantastic for me, but a half a dozen of my buddies got one too. The hygrometer is junk but aside from that, unless you want to spend a good chunk of change, they can't be beat! No affiliation, not a stock holder, yada, yada, yada. Not a good source for cigars either.

http://www.thompsonc...393/pc/8389.uts

I will put my cigars where my mouth are too. If you order it and don't like it, I will trade you Fuente's for it because I could use another one and I believe in them.

Steve stay away from anything with glass as a desktop. Sooner or later you'll have a problem. If you want to spend a few bills, a Diamond Crown humidor is hard to beat for fit and finish!

Yeah I figured that with glasstop Anthony.. Yeah, Ill mention the diamond crown thing to my buddies.. I forgot those are pretty badass quality..

I have Lucky 7 humidors from Thompsons and since I got mine in 2007 (I think) it has not only been fantastic for me, but a half a dozen of my buddies got one too. The hygrometer is junk but aside from that, unless you want to spend a good chunk of change, they can't be beat! No affiliation, not a stock holder, yada, yada, yada. Not a good source for cigars either.

http://www.thompsonc...393/pc/8389.uts

I will put my cigars where my mouth are too. If you order it and don't like it, I will trade you Fuente's for it because I could use another one and I believe in them.

Ill take a look, thanks... and if it sucks, Ill com-a-knocking LOL!

Slevy, make you a deal you can't refuse. You pay the shipping (I'm guessing $50) and send me a box of Perdomo Nicks Sticks Maduro torpedo and you can have the humi.

I don't really want to put a dead horses head in your bed! Come out to be about $120.

Best I can do and I believe more than fair. Your call ( or I'll set Johnny Two Toes on you. :)

A nice gesture, but it sounds like a potential headache Pugman. I've seen more than a few large humidor destroyed in shipping even when properly packed. I think you would be better off listing it locally on Craigslist for $100.00obo and taking $70.00 instead of trying to ship it across the country.

I'd listen to this!

Slevy, make you a deal you can't refuse. You pay the shipping (I'm guessing $50) and send me a box of Perdomo Nicks Sticks Maduro torpedo and you can have the humi.

I don't really want to put a dead horses head in your bed! Come out to be about $120.

Best I can do and I believe more than fair. Your call ( or I'll set Johnny Two Toes on you. :)

that is quite fair! Ill ask my buddy, but I Monk brings up a good point about shipping humi's, that I didnt even think of.. they punt most of the boxes shippers ship LOL! Might not be worth the hassle... Thanks though!