• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FIOS Triple Play

geldor1

Can't Re- Member
Looks like the finally finished laying the lines in the neighborhood for FIOS. Been going to Verizon's web site checking and they were still saying its coming.

Found a card hanging on the mailbox. :thumbs:

Made a call and have an installation date for Tuesday 9-11. Woo Hoo.....

Getting FIOS internet 10Mbps/2 Mbps, Voice with Freedom Essentials and FIOS TV Digital Premier. Hooking up 3 TVs, one with an HD DVR. With the 2 year agreement, they supply a free wireless router, free internet installation & a free UPS in the garage for the voice line.

I get to keep the same email address and phone number since it's still Verizon.

I really did like my Directv but loosing it almost every time it storms is just plain annoying.

Price will be cheaper than what I'm paying currently for phone, DSL & TV.

Can't get much better than that.

Oh yes it can..., the wifey let me purchase a new Toshiba 32" LCD with DVD for the bedroom. :love:

Circuit City had 0% interest for 28 months.

Just need to mount that puppy flat on the wall before Tuesday. (the TV you pervs, well maybe not just the TV... :whistling: )

They recently installed in my neighborhood. Once my Direct TV contract expires, FIOS here I come.

If you need a TV in the bedroom, you're past over the hill and on the downward side.

JMHO ;)

Dont forget Directv will be adding 70+ HD channels this month, you may want to see if the switch will be worth it.

C&R

I thought you could get Directv through Verizon?

I thought you could get Directv through Verizon?

In some areas...they are now offering verizon fios tv in some parts of my state...and from what I hear, it is a very good service. Very little compression on the signal, so better hd picture, better menu's on the dvr, and cheaper than cable (least in my area).

I've been going back and forth with this over in my mind. I have COMCAST, but don't have a land line in the house, so I would only need FIOS internet and TV. Also, I wonder what the price will jump to after the 2 year agreement is up?

I've been going back and forth with this over in my mind. I have COMCAST, but don't have a land line in the house, so I would only need FIOS internet and TV. Also, I wonder what the price will jump to after the 2 year agreement is up?

I asked the girl on the phone about this and she said they weren't supposed to discuss after the 2 year term was up. But her manager say they will probable have deals going to keep customers.

Can always tell them I'm going to switch back to Directv and see what they will do about it. :whistling:

Dont forget Directv will be adding 70+ HD channels this month, you may want to see if the switch will be worth it.

C&R

Bad part is I almost always loose signal when it storms, and down here, it storms quite a bit.

C&R

Bad part is I almost always loose signal when it storms, and down here, it storms quite a bit.

There are oversized dishes out there, not sure if it would help with rain fade. The new dish is a real pain to "dial in". You really need an installer who is on the ball.

McK

I have FIOS internet! Wireless router, ....16meg down!...2 megs up! Just waiting for the FIOS TV so I can dump Comcast. The only thing that bothered me when they put in the FIOS is when they tore up my front yard putting in the fiber optic line.