• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fire arm

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
I thought this would be an interesting topic to start. I think guns and cigars go hand in hand. I just wanted to know who carries a fire arm with them other than if you are on the job law enforcement? What is your state's laws regarding fire arms, etc? And, what's in your arsenal?

I'll start by saying I carry a fire arm. Depending on my mood and what I am doing or where I am going I, either, carry Glock 21 (.45) or a Glock 27 (.40). I have a CCW (concealed carry weapons permit), meaning I can carry a fire arm without it visibly showing. I love the wild wild west out here in Arizona. You can actually carry a fire arm here in AZ without a permit as long as it is visibly showing and/or can have it holstered in the car under the seat. Besides, the ol shot guns, hunting rifles, and the .22 rifle I also have a .40 S&W Sigma Series, the Dirty Harry .44 Magnum with the 6 inch ported barrel, and the Egyptian version of the AK-47, the Maadi.

Anybody else want to share...

Ree

Well, in Korea and Japan (where I've lived since Mar 99) you can't own or carry any firearms.

However, when I fly combat or training sorties, I carry the Standards...
9mm, Gau-5 and a shotgun (infil missions).

-K-

Off duty I carry a Glock 30 which is a 45 ACP. The favorites in my collection are my Kimber Pro Tactical II and my Bushmaster 223 cal. The Bushmaster also rides with me on duty. Got a few Sigs, Glocks, and Smith and Wessons.

Tennessee has a carry law that you must have passed a course, classroom and range. The weapon you carry dosen't have to be concealed. It's stupid not to conceal it. If I see someone carring a non-concealed weapon when I'm working guess what I'm gonna do.....Your gonna see the business end of my gun. ???

Now that i'm a civi I carry an Wilson tactical. and have at home an 223 bushmaster carbine.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_kz45.asp

Virginia is the same way no need to conceal (well it used to be its been awhile).I actually liked it no need to guess. Not that you can't tell anyways usually.

I also have a CCW and carry everyday. My normal carry gun is a Springfield Armory XD9 Sub-compact. Every once in awhile I carry a Beretta 92FS Vertec 9mm. And for the home I have a Beretta Storm 9mm.

In Oregon the law requires you to carry concealed. The firearm cannot be in view at all.

ree ree robusto said:
I think guns and cigars go hand in hand.
[snapback]162381[/snapback]​

So, Ree... which hand holds the gun and which holds the smoke? Or do you switch off? :D

I own a Taurus PT 92 -- don't carry it though. Usually just sits in the closet.

Grill Master Guss 72 said:
Hi . I'm new to CP but have been lurking for a while. :D I'm a civ and I carry a Walther PPK-s. At home I have a H-K usp 9mm.
[snapback]162433[/snapback]​

Nice I used to have the compact .40 H&K, and my favorite sidearm in the military was the H&K mark 23 man what a gun.

Mephiston said:
Now that i'm a civi I carry an Wilson tactical. and have at home an 223 bushmaster carbine.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_kz45.asp

Virginia is the same way no need to conceal (well it used to be its been awhile).I actually liked it no need to guess. Not that you can't tell anyways usually.
[snapback]162412[/snapback]​
You still in Virginia? Not to thread-jack, but if you happen to be in northern-ish VA, do you know of any good firing ranges in the area? Anyone else on the thread have any info? (I know where the ranges are according to the phone book - but am looking to save some time if anyone knows one where the people are friendly.)
--Threadjack over--

I don't carry anything any more, and only did briefly when my job required it. Used to carry a Sig 220 (which I still have and love) or a Kahr K40 - or both. I've also owned an uncountable number of customized 1911 or 1911 clones, but they were strictly used for target shooting.

Cheers,

- Oak

You all carry quite nice pieces.

Steve, I can am just as good with my right as I am with my left. :thumbs:

Nicko,
What was your requirements getting the CCW? Over here just a 16 hour class, and range and written test.

ree

I was given a berretta *sp* 9mm when I turned 21, but I've used it as much as I'veused my NRA membership, a birthday gift given at 18 lol. Guns are nice, but I just ever have the need to shot one that often. But I've done my share of hunting, just ask that deer hanging over my grandfather's fireplace with "Shot by: John Jr" underneath it! lol

Well, I don't have any guns, but I did give a pro-gun control speech in competitive speaking. :D :D I don't mind others with guns. Our school offers hunter safety training and the kids haul shotguns to the practice field. It's also not uncommon to see them walking home with them at the end of the day. Then again, these are farmers kids, people who know how to actually raise kids and aren't strung out on meth or engaging in some other unlawful, illegal behavior. So it isn't as if I live in east St. Louis. ;)

Don't carry much but do have a ccp. Indiana requires a background check and application only :thumbs:

Pre-boycott S&W99-9mm
North American Firearms Guardian 32 ACP
Tauraus Titanium hammerless 38 special

Anyone a TFL member?

NRA LIFE MEMBER

The requirement to carry in Oregon is that you complete a CCW course given by an NRA approve instructor then apply w/ the local County Sheriff's office. The course was about 3 hours and it was just the instructor, my wife and I. I had to apply at the Sheriffs office, pay, take a picture then wait about 3 weeks for the permit to arrive.

Colt Combat Government Series 70 circa 1978. Custom load with flatnose slugs. Carry permit in PA except for Philly and Pittburgh.

A 45 is too slow for hollow points so a slug will either do a knock down or punch a big enough hole to slow anything down. Always do 2 taps, one in the chest to knock 'em over and the other in the knee to keep them from going anywhere.

AVB said:
Always do 2 taps, one in the chest to knock 'em over and the other in the knee to keep them from going anywhere.
[snapback]162609[/snapback]​

Wrong... That is a guranteed one way ticket to civil coart. One in the chest and one in the head. That is better.

It was a bit tongue-in-cheek. You get hit with a 340 grain flatnose without a vest you really won't need to put one in the knee. :cool: