• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fired up the Smoke Wagon!

4cbln3

WTF are skin tags?!
Since I'm off duty today, we are opening the house and cooking dinner for the family. I'm going to deep fry my turkey again this year, those pics will be later (if I remember, lol!) I put on a 7.88 lb prime rib rubbed with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, rock (kosher) salt, and black pepper. Since the racks looked empty, I also bought a pack of baby back ribs from Sam's Club and rubbed them overnight with a dry rub. Got the smoker nice and sterilized, then dropped the heat to 220 and put the meat on the racks. Here are some pics of the "before" pieces.

2012-11-22_10-36-19_617.jpg

Boneless prime rib w/ the Taylor probe inserted into the middle.
2012-11-22_10-36-28_175.jpg

Baby backs marinated over night.

2012-11-22_11-22-57_427.jpg

MasterForge 2-door gas smoker ziptied to a garden cart (sometimes I smoke meat under a portable tent in the yard and it helps move all the components)
Notice the thin blue smoke emanating from the top, this is going to be a good smoke session!

<edit, I put MasterBuilt smoker, wrong one! lol>

Halfway done!
2012-11-22_13-08-20_683.jpg

Here's the finished prime rib, I took it out with an internal temp of 120 and wrapped it up with foil and saran wrap till dinner.

2012-11-22_13-33-40_47.jpg

Something to pass the time.
2012-11-22_13-07-00_247.jpg

Nice looking set up! This Thanksgiving was the first year on a while that I haven't smoked a prime rib. It looks like everything turned out excellent. I typically stick whole cloves of garlic into my prime before smoking it. There is nothing better than smoking a good stick and tending to the smoker.

Looks great Dave! I like you wagon set up.

Nothing better than smoke coming out of the smoker and the chef!

Thanks guys! I will stick garlic cloves inside when I make it in the oven, but I wasn't sure if that many holes would have affected the prime rib. It finished way before the ribs so I covered it in foil for 1.5 hours and it was nice and medium rare when dinner was served. I also foiled the ribs for the last hour with a little apple juice for steaming and they were fall off the bone! I didn't get to take pics right before serving because guests had arrived, but here are some after dinner pics.

2012-11-22_19-08-03_51.jpg

What's left of the ribs before the kids packed them up for leftovers to take home.

2012-11-22_19-07-50_764.jpg

It looks a little dry because this is probably about 2 hours after the guests had arrived. Nothing better then simmering this in au jus sauce the next day to make sandwiches! I used apple and pecan wood to smoke everything, and the ribs were either eaten just with the rub or a choice of Cattlemen's or Sweet Baby Rays sauces.