• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Anual Delaware Summers End Herf!

They'd better keep the cigars in a safe, if you're going to be there!
And wherever that safe is, you'll be on its side.

The weather looks very good, after some rain Fri. night. Supposed
to dry out by Sat. afternoon.

Did you get any Diablos from today's Famous special?
I'm keeping my powder dry for Sat. deals.

Chemyst :cool:
If they're in a safe I'll be IN the safe, of course! :D

I got a box of Calientes for $39 in their Yankee auction and that's all I really wanted. I liked the old blend better but the new blend is still fun for a change of pace. Very similar but not as sweet nor as spicy as the original blend.

See you there, Ken. You, too, George.

Steve

Perfect weather! Well, hopefully the wind will die down a bit. :D

I didn't even know this park existed. It's easy to get there. Here is the link to Blue Diamond Park. To see the map click on "location" on the right upper part of the page. Basically, it's where Rt 1 first connects with Rt 13 in New Castle. The map makes it clear.

I hope to see many of you there and, of course, George, Ken, Gary, and the "Gang". :D

Steve

I am in awe! My congratulations to George and Gary and all the vendors for making this an amazing event. The generosity shown by everyone, including the attendees, will be a tremendous benefit to the sick children at Camp Takumta.

And we who attended didn't do too poorly, either. In addition to the two lighters, Cuesta Rey Tee Shirt, and Cigars I won in Raffles, I bought many premiums cigars at a very, very low price.

But the people who put this together and pulled it off deserve a round of applause! :thumbs:

Thanks, Guys!

A word to the pretty girls we all got to pose with as we won our prizes. WOW :D

Some pics courtesy of George!
Here's George and "Uncle Walt" of Perdomo.
IMG_0794.jpg

The Cigar-ettes posing with a beautiful handmade humidor up for raffle.
IMG_0762.jpg

My dates! :D
IMG_0734.jpg

Ken trying to steal my dates. Bastid!! Guess we'll have to share. ;)
IMG_0709.jpg

Last but not least, George and Gary. The two who engineered this amazing event! Thanks guys!
IMG_0686.jpg

I'll leave it to George and/or Gary to post any more. I wanted first dibs on the "Dates" claim! :D
Thanks for everything, George, Gary, Rich, Anthony, and anyone else who helped make this such a blast.

You throw one hell of a party!!! :thumbs:

Edit to show Ken's(chemyst) mug. :D

I'd like to thank everyone involved with organizing the 1st Annual
Summer's End Herf. It was simply an outstanding event, and one
can only wonder what could make it better in the future.

The weather was perfect, food and drinks were plentiful, comraderie
was high and the deals were terrific!

My only regret was that I couldn't get there earlier.

Thanks to Gary, George and everyone who assisted them for putting
together a fantastic event. I know it's alot of work to coordinate
an event like this, and you guys did a top notch job of it.

Looking forward to next year's event. Do we have a date yet?

Get in line for a date with those girls, Steve! :p

Ken J (Chemyst) :cool:

Thanks everyone for comming out to the event! It went off without a hitch!!!!! The vendors were raising donations, the food was kickin', the beer was flowin, the girls were, well you know, and the company was outragious!!!!!!

Steve, always a pleasure, Ken, I didn't get to meet you but thanks for your support!

Humberto!!!!! Let me tell ya, this man is the tops!!! By the way, the Tower was donated by Cigahs!!!! What a great donation!!

Next year is alredy in the works. The date is Sept. 13, 2008. This wensday come on out to Deer Park. Everyone is invited. We want to make the event "your" event. Any and all input is greatly appriciated. Pictures are posted at www.herfbros.com.

Once again, Thanks to all who participated and let me tell you first hand, You think this year was good, you ain't seen nothin yet!!!!

Thanks everyone for comming out to the event! It went off without a hitch!!!!! The vendors were raising donations, the food was kickin', the beer was flowin, the girls were, well you know, and the company was outragious!!!!!!

Steve, always a pleasure, Ken, I didn't get to meet you but thanks for your support!

Humberto!!!!! Let me tell ya, this man is the tops!!! By the way, the Tower was donated by Cigahs!!!! What a great donation!!

Next year is alredy in the works. The date is Sept. 13, 2008. This wensday come on out to Deer Park. Everyone is invited. We want to make the event "your" event. Any and all input is greatly appriciated. Pictures are posted at www.herfbros.com.

Once again, Thanks to all who participated and let me tell you first hand, You think this year was good, you ain't seen nothin yet!!!!

Correction...

The tower was donated by Lignum II, Troya Clasico brand owners.

Nonetheless, I had a fantastic time and am extremely thankful to Cigar-Ette City for having me there. It was nice to see all the other displayers come out in force (Tropical Tobacco, Rocky Patel, Camacho, JC Newman, CAO, Perdomo, Uncle Mikey, etc etc etc.) It was also nice to gather with salespeople I share the territory with. Their names are not usually in the spotlight and generally go unmentioned but, being in the same boat, they deserve more credt for getting the brands in the shops. So hats off to Bob, Cat, Rick, Dan, Joe, Walt, and others.

No one mentioned the band!! I am not privvy to their name but they ROCKED!!!

Most importantly, however, I'd like to send a shout out to all the attendees. They could've spent what was probably the last nice weekend of the year on the shore with their families but instead decided to put their time and money to a worthy cause. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. I have already promised Gary to be there next year. I hope to see you there too.

Cheers!!

Humberto

Any idea how much was raised to support the leukemia kids' Camp Ta-Kum-Ta?

That's a good question. I called Gary about that the other day but he didn't have the final numbers yet. All told, I think it was probably around $2-3K

That's a good question. I called Gary about that the other day but he didn't have the final numbers yet. All told, I think it was probably around $2-3K

After talking to Gary, the final # was just over $2200. When he gets back from Honduras he will give me all the final numbers and tell me who raised the most money

After talking to Gary, the final # was just over $2200. When he gets back from Honduras he will give me all the final numbers and tell me who raised the most money

Whatever it is, we'll do much better next year. Word of mouth and better advertising will allow the expenses to be a much smaller percent of the gross.

Whatever it is, we'll do much better next year. Word of mouth and better advertising will allow the expenses to be a much smaller percent of the gross.

All of the expenses were built into the ticket prices with the eception of mabey $10. All the money we raised was from the generous Cigar reps and all the money from the "buck a stick" donation buckets. We had some really generous people attend the event! That is what make these things a success, all the fellow herfers and of course Humberto!!!!!

Once again I can't thank everyone enough for all your support. The video that was shot by CigarTv is now up on the site Click HERE to check it out!!