• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First boxes!

dulaney22

Banned
I know some of you will think this is stupid, but I got my first boxes today for CI and feel like a kid in a candy shop. Bought a Partagas Black in Magnifico and Punch Rare Corojo Pitas.

Bought the Partagas because I got one from a local B & M and it's been my favorite so far and I also enjoy all the Punch ones I've smoked, so I picked up their annual release.

I did a search on whether to leave the cello on and just stuck them in a giant ziploc with dampened paper towel. My coolidor is undergoing the baking soda treatment as I type. I hope to start raising the humidity with it tomorrow!!

I hope you wet the paper towel with distilled water and not tap.

I know some of you will think this is stupid, but I got my first boxes today for CI and feel like a kid in a candy shop. Bought a Partagas Black in Magnifico and Punch Rare Corojo Pitas.

Bought the Partagas because I got one from a local B & M and it's been my favorite so far and I also enjoy all the Punch ones I've smoked, so I picked up their annual release.

I did a search on whether to leave the cello on and just stuck them in a giant ziploc with dampened paper towel. My coolidor is undergoing the baking soda treatment as I type. I hope to start raising the humidity with it tomorrow!!

Congratulations brother! I am eagerly awaiting the ability to purchase my first box. Though a lot of the guys around here buy a lot of boxes these days, I'm sure they can remember the joy that their first box brought them. Enjoy!

Very nice! The Rare Corojos are some of my favorites! It's all personal preference whether or not to leave the cello on or off, you'll see a thousand different opinions. Though with the paper towel in the bag, I would leave the cello on so if the towel touches the cigars, it won't mess them up. Ha ha! Joined the 24th of January and already setting up the cooler. Has to be some kind of record. You have officially bypassed the slippery slope and fallen off the cliff! :sign:

Should have waited. I guess saying that now is moot though.

Did you get the beads yet for the coolidor? You could always put them in Tuperware until the cooler is ready.

Nice on the Rare Corojos, love em.

I remember my first box...it was a box of 5 Vegas Series A. I thought they were the best thing in the world. Probably not something I would do again but it was definitely a cool feeling having a WHOLE box of cigars. Now I'd settle for 5 or 6 awesome cigars over a box of average smokes any day.

Congratulations brother! I am eagerly awaiting the ability to purchase my first box. Though a lot of the guys around here buy a lot of boxes these days, I'm sure they can remember the joy that their first box brought them. Enjoy!

Yep, I've got a little of an obsessive/addictive personality.

Fact is I've always wanted to smoke cigars. However, my ex was a bitch about it and I am blessed to have a new, loving, understanding wife. I had a couple decent smokes over the holidays and had some good ones in Jamaica earlier this month. I started reading here then but just joined. Needless to say I'm hooked!! I've always loved the smell of a good cigar and now I can appreciate the smoke.

Congrats on your first boxes, my first was Purios Indios #4, long time ago. One of the nice things about boxes it takes a while before you run out. Enjoy!!

I know some of you will think this is stupid

Not at all! I recently received some boxes that I split with a buddy. Since they came to my house I was the one who opened them up and split the goods. I'm not exaggerating when I say that opening those boxes was the highlight of my week. And as someone who has bought boxes before, I can say it never gets old! Just like opening a present on Christmas!

Enjoy!

The first box I ever ordered was a box of Mac seconds. The first "real" box was a box of RyJ Belicosos. 7 or 8 boxes later and it still is a treat!

Congrats on the box. My first was a Padron 2000 maddie only 2 1/2 months ago. Good times :cool:

Man, I know what you mean. I haven't even filled up my 30 count humidor yet but everytime I walk by it I just HAVE to open it and stare.

Enjoying one of the Partagas Black's now. These really are a nice smoke for a noob. Very smooth, great burn and lengthy experience!!