• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First day of dove season!

billytpage

So it's the first day of dove season in Kansas. I'm no avian expert, but I do believe you can't hunt migratory birds when the little bastards refuse to migrate :laugh: It's been so hot I guess they decided to stay up north.

Billy

It's the same down here. We're not even gonna try this year. They just aren't flying. I think evolution has finally caught up and they got smart. Oh well....at least I can still fish and drink beer and smoke some cigars......

So much rain here along with a forecast of 50% chance kept me from going out today. Should have a report from a few of my buddies as to how they did a little later this evening.

I love the way doves make you look like you've never shot a shotgun before. :cool:

Teal season opens here in two week and I'll be out there rain or shine. They're faster than Dove, but a little bigger target and decoy good. Can't wait.

There's more dove around here than you can shake a stick at. They're protected. Oh well, woodcock and grouse in three more weeks.

Doc.

There are a couple and their chicks roosting in my back yard. Give me your addie, I'll send 'em over.

I killed 60 in two days over in Kentucky.

Got my limit on 15 Mourning Dove each day along with 30 Ring Necks!!!

10 doves in less than a hour. My hunting partner that is., I got 0. But his wife wont let them house so technically I got 10. Next weekend I think I will bring something other than a trap 1100 with a full choke.

So, what do you do with the little critters? Hell, by the time you pluck 'em and gut 'em what's left?

So, what do you do with the little critters? Hell, by the time you pluck 'em and gut 'em what's left?

What's left is a nice breast piece of meat. I'd say there's as much meat on one as there is on a chicken leg.

Well, if you shoot 'em with a Model 1100 trap, not much.

Doc.